PDA

View Full Version : Is it only people using the auto login feature having troubles?

BethG
01-03-2003, 01:12 AM
I am wondering if the "auto login" feature of this board is broken. Several people have signed up again only to have the same "login" problem.

I did a little experiment. I signed up for (yet a third) user ID and turned on that feature. I am no longer able to use that new ID. But this id, where I did NOT turn on auto-login, still works.

Any thoughts? (Of course, if you're having the login problem, you can read this but not post. ARGHHHHHH!!!!!) For those who can post, are you using the auto login feature?

etwahl1
01-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Finally able to post again! Actually, I too had to re-register, and took your advice and did not turn on the auto-login and it seems to be working. It was bad enough being in SF for several days and didn't have much time to go online or post, but I was so disappointed to come home and find things weren't working!

Tammy,
EDD March '03

TomsMom
01-03-2003, 09:08 AM
Beth,

I registered under a new user ID and did NOT turn on auto-login. Previously I did have auto-login selected. We'll see if this post shows up...

Joanne - maybe you can answer Beth's question and let us know if you use the auto-login feature?

This is really frustrating!!

Lisa (a.k.a. Nigele)
Mommy to Tommy
7/2/02

_gour0
01-03-2003, 09:47 AM
You guys are the best! I tried emailing Alan and Denise, but they're out of town. It was killing me not being able to post since I got back. The auto login must be the problem. Thanks!

~Stacey
Mom to be 14mar03

Momof1Golden1Lab
01-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Yep, that was the problem!!

I'm glad to be back online here!!

jojo2324
01-03-2003, 12:04 PM
I didn't even know there was an auto-login feature. Whoops. I just log in anytime I want to post something.

Rachel 3
01-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Beth, you're a genius!!!!!!!!!!! I registered AGAIN (for about the fourth time), and this time, it worked! So I'm back. I missed you guys. Thanks to everyone who is sending me their contact info. I will put it all together and send out a list, and I'll probably also start a Yahoo group so that we can discuss details of our get-together.

Now my only problem is Abigail's avatar image. I don't still have the link! Sarah, are you back on the boards? (Or reading the boards?) If so, will you email me the link to her photo again?

Whew. I hope these boards get fixed so I can go back to being Rachels.

Rachel (used to be Rachels)
Mom to Abigail Rose
5-18-02

MamaHill_2003
01-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Ok, I told some of you I refused to sign up for yet a fourth ID, but I couldn't resist (where is the self-control?!). So I'm back on. Maybe I'll just get a new ID each year...

julienbaby
01-03-2003, 04:53 PM
That's it! You figured it out, thank you! I had re-signed up several times, just to keep having the problem. Now, as you can see, I can post because I selected do not auto-log-in in this new screen name. I was getting so frustrated, you are a life saver! :)

Rachel 3
01-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Oh, I found the link in an old post. Let's see if it works.

Mom to Abigail Rose
5-18-02

Rachel 3
01-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Yep!

Mom to Abigail Rose
5-18-02

LucyMeg
01-03-2003, 05:21 PM
I had to reregister, too, but I also had to use a new email address. Is there a way to register with a new user name, but the same email address?

BethG
01-03-2003, 05:36 PM
I don't think so. You cna get free e-mail addresses from Yahoo and Hotmail.

HTH,

suzska2003
01-03-2003, 07:10 PM
I'm back! Yippee!! He he!

Boy! That was frustrating!

I created a new login like everybody else (I remembered I had a second Yahoo email addy and used that). But there goes my post count! ;-)

Hopefully they'll get things straightened out when they return and we can go back to our "old identities."

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

nohomama2
01-03-2003, 10:04 PM
Holy crie, was that frustrating! The third user ID is the charm. Yesterday I tried "nohomamatoo," but unfortunately I didn't see the mention of turning off the auto login feature. Nor did I have the insight to turn it off myself. Now I'm "nohomama2" at least through the weekend. I can't wait to get back to being plain old "nohomama."