PDA

View Full Version : Interesting travel link

Rachels
01-08-2003, 10:03 PM
My Babycenter newsletter had a rundown of all the airlines and their policies about travel with infants and small children. Here's the link in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.babycenter.com/general/7156.html

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mamahill
01-09-2003, 05:18 PM
Thanks Rachel - I was just wondering if Beth (our resident travel expert), or anyone else, had any airline recommendations. I don't know if this was in a post before, but I was just wondering if there were some airlines that were more baby/child-friendly. The babycenter info is great (I've got it bookmarked now!), but I was wondering about my "friends." What are your recommendations? TIA!

egoldber
01-09-2003, 07:48 PM
I looked at this link and I would just say to be a bit careful. Some of the info is out of date, (pre-9/11) and some is inconsistent. For example, the link said that only some airlines charge a 10% fare fee for a lap baby flying international. ALL airlines charge this fee, since they are required (by law) to issue a ticket for all international passengers (including lap babies).

I'm afraid that we almost ALWAYS fly United, becaue we have so many miles with them. It doesn't make any sense for us to fly another airline unless we have no choice.

My best advice would be to ALWAYS call the airline directly AND check their website to get the most recent info on traveling with small children.

HTH,

blnony
01-10-2003, 10:00 AM
Over the holidays we flew with Northwest and had a wonderful experience. Also, our airport has a "babies and eldery" line at security and that made getting through security much easier. We did buy a ticket for DD, just for convienence and I highly recommend it. With Northwest, the baby's ticket was only 1/2 of the companion fare. Also, the crew was wonderful since it was DD's first flight. They took pictures with her, gave her a little certificate and her wings. The pilot even did most of this. We also had no trouble checking our stroller. The biggest piece of advice I would have for anyone flying with a baby is to wait for everyone else to leave the plane before you get off. This made things pretty easy too.