PDA

View Full Version : Baby Expos

MartiesMom2B
01-09-2003, 11:01 AM
In Wedding Bargains, it was stated that Bridal Expo shows were a waste a time and I'm wondering if its the same for Baby Expos. There is one coming in February in my area and I'm wondering if its worth my time to go. Has anybody attended one? What did you think of them?

The good thing that I did notice is that there would be state troopers on hand to show how to properly install car seats. There just seems to be so many things that I never knew about babies despite my years of babysitting and my little nephews. Why don't they have a class in this in highschool?

Thanks for the help :)

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

C99
01-09-2003, 04:45 PM
I went to one in Chicago in November. I thought it was a pathetic waste of time and money. To us, it really just felt like we'd paid for the privilege of shopping at BRU.

The only positive thing that came out of it was that we found a stroller we liked, but I think we would have test driven those in stores eventually anyway.

I don't think they had a class like this in high school because they probably hoped we'd wait until we were older to try this out and by then everything would be outdated and inaccurate! :)