PDA

View Full Version : Book: "Birthing from Within..."

mama2be
01-11-2003, 06:55 PM
I just got this book from my birth center and have read the first several chapters. I am absolutely loving it!!! I think I slept the best last night from actually tucking myself into bed with it :)...

The writer seems very passionate about the birth experience and very respectful of different chices that women make...though it is geared to natural births little sentences in the beginning are leading me to believe she is not a judgemental person (which I like)...

Anyway wanted to get this post up for those who are pregnant and might be interested int he book...

gour0
01-11-2003, 08:37 PM
But, my instructor had a family crisis. So, now I'm sans birthing class. I wrote to another instructor, but haven't heard back yet. I might end up in a hypnobirthing class, but it runs until a WEEK before my EDD! Ugh. I'm trying not to stress. :) I'm sure it will all work itself out. But, I like the book, too.

mama2be
01-11-2003, 09:04 PM
I am so jealous...was your class based on this book. I took a class based on the SEARS book, and liked that book to, but there is just a passionate, feel good about this book "Birthing from Within"...and would have LOVED a course that went along it's guidelines...

I so hope the other instructor gets back to you...make her take you!!!! :) Keep us posted...

After reading one chapter it made me grab one of my dogs so close and kiss her on her nose...she had 24 puppies in her little life (NOTE: I did not breed her she was a homeless man's dog and she loved boy dogs)...I saved her!!! But the book discusses early humans not knowing how they got pregnant, that they were pregnant, when it would end, how much they were dilated...it just makes you think!!!!

Anyway off to read more!!!
Please let me know how the course goes, I so hope you take it!!!

Rachels
01-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Me too!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nohomama
01-12-2003, 12:18 AM
I agree! Definitely a great book and a great resource.

egoldber
01-12-2003, 12:29 AM
Oops. Once again, I am the lone nay-sayer! This book really did nothing for me. But again, I really like the icky "What to Expect.." books! :P

But the big thing when you're pregant is to find what works for you!

gour0
01-15-2003, 04:14 PM
We start 20Jan from 7-930. Class runs for six weeks. I just hope it isn't too 'out there' for dh! I'm so relieved. She has a weekend intensive class, but it isn't until Feb 28/Mar 1 and I didn't want to wait that long! I mean where would we be if THAT cancelled too?!! Besides, I think an all day class two weeks before my EDD would be extemely uncomfy for me. :)

mama2be
01-15-2003, 05:20 PM
OH that is so great...from looking thru her book I bet at first it will seem "out there" to him and maybe even to you, but it looks like once you get into it's groove that you just go with it :)...

Please keep us posted, I'd love to hear about it!!!

How did you fidn the class...I went on the books web site www.birthpower.com and there is only one "mentor" in NC and she is a good 3 hours from us. i would have loved to do a crash course since my time is limited...I have emailed her... :)

gour0
01-15-2003, 07:07 PM
It mmight have been on their site. Here's a link that might have info for you.

http://www.thewholefamilycenter.com/

I'm not sure where in NC you are, though so it might not.