PDA

View Full Version : Getting paper prints from digital photos - Target

etwahl
01-12-2003, 10:22 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know about our experience with getting our digital pictures made into paper copies. We burned some photos onto a cd and took them to Target. They were only 29 cents per picture, and the quality was outstanding (4x6). And they took less than an hour.

Since we've had our digital camera, we've rarely had hard pictures to hold, look at, or put in our photo albums. We have an excellent printer, but paper and ink cost a lot, and they take so long to print. This is a far more economical (and easier) method, and now I'm going to go back through the past couple years and get hard copies of all the great pictures we have on our computer. This is much cheaper than any of the online printing sites I've come across, you don't pay any shipping, and you get them in your hot little hands immediately. I am totally sold on Target's photo processing, and now am actually excited about taking digital pictures -- something I've never really cared that much about.

One thing I noticed. We now take all of our photos on the highest possible setting, because we have a pretty big memory card. There were a couple that had been taken on a lower setting, and they definitely didn't look as good.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

sweetbasil
01-12-2003, 11:29 AM
When you're too tired to get out, I've found that www.ClubPhoto.com is really reasonably priced (we send our Christmas pics there every year to be made into photo cards), quick, and have lots of selection/quality....Just another thought :)

LD92599
01-12-2003, 04:47 PM
Tammy,

I'm with you....we were taking TONS of digital pictures but with the baby coming, I wanted to get back into 35mm photos....but then we discovered that Costco also now prints from CD, Memory Sticks, etc....so far so good with their quality. We've had everything from 4x6's (19 cents per print) to 11x14 ($2 something) printed...and in less than an hour as well! Now we're always taking digital pictures and just taking the CD with us when we know we're going to be shopping at Costco. Also, Costco lets you choose from either Lustre (similar to matte) or glossy finish.

Laura
Due: Feb 26th, 2003

egoldber
01-12-2003, 05:22 PM
Remember that with a baby too, you will be taking TONS of photos. With our digital cameras, we have taken, LITERALLY over 5,000 photos of Sarah in her 17 months.

Now we have only printed a very small fraction of those. But I LOVE having the freedom to be able to take a camera and sit with her and take 100 photos of her doing something cute. Of those, a few will be nice and I print those. I could never do that with print film. All the digital photos cost me is a few meg of hard drive space.

Since having DD we have taken 0 pictures with our film cameras and mived to 100% digital. We started with 1 camera and then upgraded to another camera that will accept our 35mm camera lenses.

HTH,

etwahl
01-12-2003, 05:30 PM
Laura, that is a GREAT deal. I didn't know Costco did that. I'm a huge costco fan, so that is very good news. I like that they have more options. Target seemed kind of limited in their options.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

nohomama
01-12-2003, 07:10 PM
We were just at our local target today and, having read your post, I asked about printing from a cd or from a flash card and they didn't do it at this particular location. Too bad.