PDA

View Full Version : help with shower hostess gifts

cchavez
01-13-2003, 08:58 AM
Five of my friends will be hosting my shower on March 1st. I went to Bath and Bodyworks and bought them coconut scented lotion and bodywash. Story behind the gift: we conceived in Hawaii so I want to put something on the card "like thanks for helping us celebrate our Hawaiian souvenir." Hallmark is supposed to be getting in some new baby monkey thankyou cards that I plan on using. I am also thinking about burning the Jack Johnson CD we have (singer from Hawaii) and including that w/ the gift. The lady at BBwks fixed the bags up pretty cute but I would like to add something else to the gifts! I have looked for coconut scented candles but can't find any......Any suggestions! TIA

KimberleyDawn
01-13-2003, 11:06 AM
Hi,
Your ideas are great! Coconut candles may be hard to find but I'm sure you can easily find passion fruit, pineapple or pina colada and it will add variety. I'd be interested to know where you find the coconut candles if you do.
Kim

newbelly2002
01-13-2003, 11:10 AM
Sounds adorable!

I think Yankee Candle sells coconut scents, and the larger Hallmark stores often sell a variety of candles as well.
good luck

Paula

cinrein
01-13-2003, 01:14 PM
Yankee has several scents that would work: Coconut Bay, Island Mango, Pineapple Paradise, Rainbow's End. (Can you tell I am a Yankee candle junkie??) You can buy online at www.yankeecandle.com. Also, a lot of Hallmark stores carry them, but not all of the scents. BTW--I love your gift idea!

Cindy
edd 2/14/03

cchavez
01-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Thanks I found the Coconut Bay candles at Hallmark. Anything I could add??? Or do you think that is enough?

MartiesMom2B
01-13-2003, 09:00 PM
It sounds like you have enough, but you could always go to a place like Party City and buy some cheap leis to add for decoration or even add samples/travel sized bottles of sunscreen. But I really think you have enough.

Enjoy your shower!

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03