PDA

View Full Version : The Cavalier Hotel in Virginia Beach

mommychic
01-14-2003, 09:05 PM
Anyone stay here or know anything about it? Looking for a close getaway in the spring and the places seems nice on the website. www.cavalierhotel.com

Would feel better booking if had some hard info about the place.

Thanks,
Lisa

Ejudy
01-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Hi!
I stayed at the Cavalier with my family when I was in college (many years ago) for a week. We really enjoyed it. There were lots of activities for my younger brother and sister as well, but that was at the summer peak. We lived in Northern VA at the time and my grandparents were living in Norfolk, so it was a nice destination. I actually live in the area now and drive past the hotel whenever I visit "the strip" on VA Beach.

The Cavalier is one of the oldest hotels at VA Beach and once housed a beach club that hosted all sorts of famous big band type groups. As far as I can tell, it is still very nice, I went to a Baby Shower there last summer, but haven't been in a room since '95. It is located on the end of the strip, which is nice... you will still have access to the boarwalk, but not all the traffic that you might get with a hotel more central. VA Beach is nicer at that end (the North end) in my opinion.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

ejudy