PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on boy name...

etwahl
01-15-2003, 01:08 PM
In our ultrasound, they thought it was a girl, but really weren't sure. So, we're trying to finalize a boy's name, just in case. DH has liked the name Tristan from day one, but we've had problems picking a middle name. Today I thought about this, but wondered if it sounded weird that both names ended in an N. For anyone who doesn't know, middle name would be after his daddy :)

Tristan Evan

Like it or no?

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

divabell
01-15-2003, 01:17 PM
I don't think it sounds weird. And I always like middle names that honor a family member (we will do the same thing when we get the chance). I think Tristan Evan is a great idea--it would give him (if it turns out to be a him) a tangible connection to Evan even though Evan can't be there physically.

Just my two cents! :-)

--Lori R.
(TTC!)

Rachels
01-15-2003, 01:18 PM
I like it! It has a nice rhythm to it.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
01-15-2003, 01:18 PM
LOVE IT!!!! :) Sounds great together!!! I would not hesitate for a second naming him that. In my case it means by far more for the middle name to mean somehting then how it sounds (even though this sounds great together!!!!) but my Tristan's name is going to be my maiden name and can assure you there is no rhythem to the sound at all, infact you stumble over it. But it means more to me to honor my fathers side of the family (there will be no boys to carry on the name there). It is hard when folks ask his middle name because it is not so pretty BUT I can think of no occasion where his middle name is really going to be displayed or said so I have come to terms with that...:)

I think Tristan Evan is gorgeous!!!

Sandy
01-15-2003, 04:47 PM
Tammy,
I think it sounds great. I love the fact that his middle name would be after his dad. It will be a great connection to his dad.
I think if you like it you shouldn't worry about whether it sounds wierd or not (which it doesn't).

I get teased about Alexander's initials all the time. I work for AT&T as a Project Manager and DS initials ended up being ATT so everyone gives me a bad time that I named him after the company (which I would never do) but I love his name anyways, especially his middle name. It's funny when we first were deciding on middle names my husband really wanted Thor but I didn't like it at all but I decided to go with it. Now I love it. It's unique because quite frankly there aren't too many asian Thor's out there and it really fits his personality. All of DS's male friends have name envy that he got to name his son Thor.

Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

nigele
01-15-2003, 05:51 PM
Tristan Evan does have a nice ring to it! I like it and it sounds great with your last name!

spu
01-15-2003, 06:00 PM
I love the name Tristan. Evan was one of our choices for a first name if we had a boy. They sound so nice together when spoken too! I also like the idea of having a family member in there some where. We put our mom's names as second middle names for our twin girls.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

jojo2324
01-15-2003, 07:42 PM
I agree! I think the name sounds great! And I like having family names involved as well. Gannon is actually his middle name; Clinton is his first name, for his grandfather and great-grandfather. So all of his paperwork reads "C. Gannon." I am named Joanne after my grandmother, Joan, because I was born on her birthday.

Shirale
01-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Tristan Evan actually has a really nice ring to it! And family names are great, we named Amira (middle name Layah) after my Grandmother. Do you have any girls names picked out?

mamahill
01-15-2003, 08:56 PM
I think it sounds GREAT! I am all for names where there won't be a bazillion of them on the playground and so Tristan is wonderful (this coming from one who KNOWS what it's like to be called by her first name and last initial for most of her life). And I love the middle names to mean something. Ainsleigh's middle name is Fiona and that's for my grandma. And I think Tristan Evan rolls nicely. Well done!

etwahl
01-15-2003, 11:36 PM
Thanks all! I'm really glad to have such nice feedback. I guess we'll just have to see what it is when it comes out :) Shira, the girl's name we have picked out is Lauren Genevieve. Actually, you all are very special, because we have kept our baby names a secret from everyone else!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

atlbaby
01-16-2003, 12:42 AM
I think your girl names are beautiful! I really like using middle names too--is Lauren or Genevieve a family name? Boy or girl, the names you've chosen sound wonderful!
-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

lj11
01-16-2003, 01:35 AM
I think Tristen Evan is a great name - for a boy or a girl!

lj
mom to cooper simone 2/28/02

Magda
01-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Love the name Tristan. Would have used it, but DH nixed it.

SASM
01-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Tammy,

I LOVE it!! It blends nicely :-) Also, think about how it sounds when you have to "raise your voice" to him, when you mean business, which I am quite certain you would have to do at least once (hee..hee) :-) It has a nice ring that way, as well...

Good luck! My husband and I still have yet to agree on a middle name - NOT a good thing...

Sharyn
EDD #1 01.21.03
(5 days and counting...)

MartiesMom2B
01-17-2003, 01:22 PM
I love Thor as a middle name! Very cool. I'll have to propose that to my husband if we ever have a boy.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

MartiesMom2B
01-17-2003, 01:29 PM
I must agree with the consensus and say that Tristan Evan is a great name. I love Lauren Genevieve too.

It's great hearing all of the names of everyone's baby.

I'm praying that our sonogram is right, and that we are indeed having a girl, because DH and I can not agree on a boy's name. It seems like he knew some jerk with the same name of just about every boy name I like.

Martie Lin was easy since Martie is named after DH's father and Lin was my grandmothers name.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

Melanie
01-17-2003, 09:58 PM
I like them both! We kept ours a secret, too. I highly recommend it. =)

Mommy to Jonah