PDA

View Full Version : An apology to my mommy friends....

Annette_C
01-19-2003, 12:34 AM
Hi,
I just wanted to say I'm sorry for not having been able to post replies as much as I would have liked to lately.
I've been trying to keep up with reading the new threads but, by the time I get a chance to sit and start a reply, the thread is old news!
I feel badly because I wanted to be there for Rachel when Abigail was going through her tummy troubles and tests (BTW...good luck next week with the GI test); I wanted to be there for Susan when Else was having surgery; for Tammy when Evan had to leave; the list goes on and on....
I'm having a very difficult time getting back into a baby routine and I find that my free time is becoming nonexistent!
Just know that I sympathize with you when you're going through problems; I rejoyce with you when you have good news; and I'm so thankful to have found such a great group of people that I'm honored to call my friends!
Hugs to all,
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

etwahl
01-19-2003, 12:36 AM
I actually feel the exact same way. I feel like I've been neglecting everyone else's problems, and yet, everyone else has been so wonderful about mine. I'm looking forward to getting back on the boards more and replying and keeping up with everyone else.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

newbelly2002
01-19-2003, 04:38 AM
Don't worry about it. I can't speak for everyone, but I imagine that most of us have up times and down times when it comes to our kids, work, and lives. Sometimes you are more on the receiving end of the support and advice; sometimes you are on the giving end. With friends it all works out in the wash. That's my philosophy at least

(I've been on more recently only because we got both DSL and wireless in the same week so it's a bit of a new toy at present. It won't last. DS is already rather jealous of the computer!)

Paula

Rachels
01-19-2003, 11:34 AM
I totally agree. Annette and Tammy, it never crosses my mind that not getting a typed reply might mean you don't notice or care when something is going on with one of us. I know you guys better than that at this point. Life with a baby is hard. I need at least another couple of arms and a few more hours in the day, and I assume you do, too. Paula said it perfectly. Also, with 25 of us trading emails and posts, there's always SOMEBODY who is able to type a message in. Meanwhile, good thoughts count for a lot. Don't worry!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nigele
01-19-2003, 12:44 PM
Annette,

I'm so glad you wrote this. I agree with what everybody here has said but I, too, feel really bad when I can't post. It doesn't help that every other day there is something wrong with my computer and it won't LET me post even when I am able. You are all such great friends and I hate when I can't support you!

spu
01-19-2003, 08:02 PM
It's so wonderful how close we've all become too. I can't imagine staying home and not working, and not having these boards!

Annette, I feel the same way. Sometimes I have loads of time and other days I completely lose track of time. We're all here for eachother, daily, monthly, or whatever time we have. It's just so nice to share, to read eachother's thoughts, and to know there's others out there we can relate to.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

spu
01-19-2003, 08:02 PM
It's so wonderful how close we've all become too. I can't imagine staying home and not working, and not having these boards!

Annette, I feel the same way. Sometimes I have loads of time and other days I completely lose track of time. We're all here for eachother, daily, monthly, or whatever time we have. It's just so nice to share, to read eachother's thoughts, and to know there's others out there we can relate to.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else