PDA

View Full Version : NYC hotels?

Rachels
01-19-2003, 04:06 PM
We are going to New York for a few days in March and need hotel recommendations. We're taking the train with two kids and all our gear, so need to be able to get somewhere by subway relatively easily from Penn Station. Our priorities are decent and safe, with cost following those. We don't need something out of this world, but do want to be somewhere comfortable and reasonably pleasant. Any ideas for us?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

egoldber
01-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Rachel, my sister-in-law got married in Manhattan last year and she had all her guests in the Bedford Hotel. It is in a really great location at 40th and Lex. You're very close to Grand Central, so the subway is very convenient.

It's not luxurious, but it is very nice. It's a smaller hotel with around 75 rooms. We also took the train, and it's about 10 minutes by taxi from Penn Station. There is a ramp into the hotel, so you don't have to negotiate the first step down into the hotel with your stroller. We had a crib that was perfectly nice. There are also refrigerators in all rooms, which is handy.

Here's their website: http://www.bedfordhotel.com/

If price is less of an object and you want to be a bit further uptown, my DH (who goes to Manhattan fairly often on business) is very fond of the Marriott Eastside, which is on Lex between 47th and 48th or between 46th and 47th, I forget which. I stayed there once with him and it was VERY nice.

HTH,