PDA

View Full Version : Why is it always the way?

jojo2324
01-26-2003, 12:51 PM
I know it's been said a kazillion times, but babies really couldn't care less about all of the doo-dads you bring home for them...At least, not my baby. After being THOROUGHLY spoiled at Christmas by all of his grandparents, Gannon has decided that his two favorite toys are a wooden rice paddle and a purple nasal aspirator. That's it. So now we have all of these toys that he won't sneeze on and little space....Good thing Grampa's having a baby, we can send some back over his way. And it can double as revenge as Gramps seemed quite adept at finding the loudest, noisiest, most obnoxious toys ever. Neve, want some? :D

flagger
01-26-2003, 01:49 PM
The same could be said about the nursery decorations, the SUV strollers, or even if the clothes match the shoes.

We live in a rent house so no painting for us. No stickies on the wall, no stuffed animal themed lamps. Sometimes we feel like pasting $20's to the wall.

"Our nursery theme? It is cash as in lots of it!"

We do it for ourselves and there is nothing wrong with that at all. We are more simple and we will have no trouble shopping at Wal-mart and consignment shops for clothes that will be outgrown because of the Miracle-Gro in the breastmilk. ;)

mama2be
01-26-2003, 04:31 PM
OH i hope that Tristan turns out like Gannon then...if he is anything like his daddy he'll want the biggest motorcycle, the best and fastest sports car, the top golf clubs...the largest lawn mower (even if our "lot" is very small)...OH I worry :):):)...

Funny I had registered for the (forgot what they are called) but the mat that the baby lays on and it has an arch with toys over it. I had registered for the lights, bells and whistles one...our "supper club" threw me a suprise shower this past week and I opened up the package and it wasn't the "bells and whistles" one but it was a very nice one (no noise, but mirror etc...)...my girlfriend apologized and apologized, she kept saying, "it's not the one on your registry but they were out of that one so I wanted to get one and wrap it". I don't think she believed me when I told her I was thrilled, that I was second guessing my registry from the get go...

Melanie
01-26-2003, 06:19 PM
The only good thing I have to say about the light up/noise making stuff is that when your baby is so tiny it just lays there, those things will mostly likely keep it entertained. Now, whether or not teaching your child to be passively entertained is a good thing, that's a whole other thread!

Mommy to Jonah