PDA

View Full Version : Late preganancy sensations/pain- are they just that....

mama2be
01-26-2003, 05:46 PM
Late last evening I started to get a lot of pain in the groin area, where the crease is connecting your legs to your torso, the pubic area, hips but it proceeded all the way down to the derrierre. If I had awoken with it I would have assumed it was muscle pains from a cleaning spree the day before (HMMMM admitting that those "cleaning muscles" aren't too use to that)...

But I didn't awake with it ,it came on last night, it feels just like muscle pains almost like someone made me do the splits and my body couldn't do it but they pushed me down. And the coccyx bone at the end of my spine feels like you super glued it together and there is no "give". Anyway I have been in this pain today as well, so much so I've been hanging out in bed alot, and about to not go to a Super Bowl party over it...(I never miss a party)...

Anyway is this a "sign"...is it maybe Tristan getting comfy down there...it's not such a discomfort to call a MW on a Sunday, well it is discomfort, but I don't want to call the MW on a Sunday. I thought you guys might know...

Thanks in advance for any insight...
EDITED to add I am three weeks from my due date...

beckyr88
01-26-2003, 06:00 PM
Neve,
That's funny, because I started getting some strange pains down there last night too, and I am 4 weeks from my due date. Mine felt more like the little one was trying to kick or punch her way out through my cervix--at one point so hard I had to run to the bathroom....not at all comfortable, and she's still doing it today.

It doesn't sound like we are feeling the same thing, but maybe it is just a sign that things are moving in the 'right direction'....not really an answer for you, so sorry! But thought I would share.

Hope you can still make it to the party!! Maybe some nachos and root beer will make you feel better....

Becky
EDD 2/23/03

nohomama
01-26-2003, 07:22 PM
Neve,

Sounds to me like your going to have a baby sometime around February 21st. Joking aside, I don't think you should be too concerned. It sounds as though relaxin is starting to take its toll on the joints in your pelvis. Starting in the second trimester, the levels of the hormone relaxin increase to "loosen things up" so that it becomes possible for a baby to be pass through the pelvis and be delivered vaginally. The discomfort that feels like muscle pain is more likely in your ligaments. It can be extremely uncomfortable but it's part of the process. Rest and a warm soak in a tub are two things you can do to make yourself more comfortable.

If you begin to experience more severe discomfort or just feel uneasy, DO call your midwife(s) (even if it's Sunday). It what she's there for.

JMarie
01-27-2003, 01:17 AM
I've also been having pain - a LOT - in the area that used to be my lowest of low abdominal muscles. The pain gets so intense that I lose my breath and this morning when I got up it literally felt like I tore something. The pain seems to be worst when I lay on my side or when I'm trying to sit or stand from a reclined position. That tells me it's muscle and ligament strain, to the best of my knowledge anyway. However, I did discuss this with my OB's last week and they were extremely reassuring, telling me this was normal, especially given Aidan's activity level and how low I am carrying. I get shooting pains every once in a while, but they also said that was most likely sciatic nerve-related. I've reached the point where I probably will not be able to work more than another week or two, simply because of the pain - it is very hard to sit at a desk for eight hours like this. I just try to keep in mind that this is the home stretch and I won't have to deal with it too much longer. Doesn't make the pain go away, but it helps me to cope a bit... It's just nice to know I'm not the only one feeling like this at this point!

JMarie
EDD 2/23/03
Aidan Christopher

Momof3Labs
01-27-2003, 01:57 PM
I experienced this pain for the last couple months, and it is no fun! The good news is that it goes away almost immediately after delivery.

I coped by sitting on a big bed pillow at work (fun, huh?), and made sure to swivel my body when getting out of the car and bed (don't try to do the splits or anything close to it - keep your knees together!).

It will end soon!!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

JMarie
01-27-2003, 06:36 PM
That is EXACTLY the pain I'm talking about! If the knees aren't together, I feel like I'm being split in two! DH makes fun of me because I can't get out of bed very well - we have a tall, double-pillow-top king bed and a step-stool for me to get in and out - but it makes me feel so much better to know someone else had to deal with this. I just keep thinking "three more weeks, three more weeks..."

JMarie
EDD 2/23/03
Aidan Christopher