PDA

View Full Version : Introductions: Who are you? (A third thread)

flagger
01-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Maybe this has been done before, but seemed like a good a time as any as to start a thread like this. I find online communities to be just as important and sometimes more important than any support group. Usually 24 hours a day you can post a question and someone has an answer within an hour or less.

Feel free to contribute as much or as little about yourself as your feel comfortable with sharing on an internet board.

I am Chuck and DW is Laura. We live near Charlotte, NC or as I like to call it Weimville. Our permanent home and family is in Houston. We raise, breed and show Weimaraners and three of them live with us (all girls). We are mid-30-something. Ms. Flagger works out of the house and I am the housekeeper, cook, laundry person, grocery shopper. I am also a free-lance comedy writer. Our life right now is similar to military in that we have been moving around quite often. This project goes until the end of the year and we have no idea where the next one will take us.

Our coming daughter is our first and will be our only child.

And very nice to have found this little place on the web.

We show off our dogs at www.flaggshipweims.com We plan to have directory dedicated for the baby when I get around to it.

Annette_C
01-27-2003, 03:17 PM
Chuck,
Pleased to meet you!
I started a similar thread a couple of months ago and got an overwhelming response!
If you have some free time on your hands, sit back, grab a cup of coffee and read on....

http://www.windsorpeak.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=287&forum=DCForumID30&viewmode=threaded

Annette :)
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

gour0
01-27-2003, 03:22 PM
That's too funny, Annette! I just moved it to the top so he would see it!

flagger
01-27-2003, 03:34 PM
Thanks to you and Stacey. I completely missed it. Must be the hormones. ;)

Maybe we should start a thread by state that others could post in to help everyone find each other?

Magda
01-27-2003, 06:38 PM
Although I post on occasion I've never actually introduced myself. My name is Elaine and DS is Connor (6-26-02) and DH is Charlie. I'm staying home right now, but before I worked at a child care center. As a matter of fact, I still visit almost every week.

I spend a lot of time reading and working out, and in the summer we sail and kayak. WE're hoping that we'll be able to take Connor on the sailboat this summer.

Hoping to start on number 2 this summer.

Elaine

flagger
01-27-2003, 06:50 PM
I am a private pilot who just loves to fly but never has the time or the money. I dream of one day my daughter enjoying flying as much as I do.

jubilee
01-28-2003, 01:44 AM
Hello! I am Julie (age 32) and my incredible husband is Tom (age 41). We've been married for 3 1/2 years. I have a son, Jacob, that is 11 years old and Tom adopted him right after we got married. Now we are expecting our second son, who will be named Logan Thomas, on April 20 which is Easter this year.
I've always worked in the health care industry and current work full time as a surgery scheduler and supervisor of the receptionists in an orthropedic office. My dream job is to be a stay at home mom, and on March 31st my dream will come true!!
My first son was 9#13oz, so my OB is planning on inducing me to avoid that with this pregnancy. I am hoping for about April 8th for induction. This is my husband's first baby and it's so funny to see him freak out at our labor and delivery classes! Tom is a fantastic father and he is the reason I decided to have another baby. I thought I was done with having babies... 11 years between babies is probably not the perfect plan. But it's what we decided to do!
We are also in the midst of buying a house, actually signing papers tomarrow :) and will be moving in January 31st! We are so excited.
I'm very grateful for these boards, I've learned so much and love getting to know you all!

DDowning
01-28-2003, 06:46 AM
Hello! My name is Deidra (32) married to Peter (35) since August of 2000. We live in the South Orange County, CA. I'm a project manager for a large health maintenance organization. Peter's background is in accounting and tax and recently became self-employed in October. His primary focus is helping business with tax credits, cost-segs, etc. He's already picked up several clients and business is doing great.

After 2 years of fertility treatments we are excitingly expecting the birth of our first child - a son, on June 9, 2003. I'm planning on staying home after he's born.

Look forward to "meeting" you all!

Deidra
EDD 6-9-03

AngelaS
01-28-2003, 08:40 AM
Hi. I'm AngelaS, here and several other places online. I'm angeladms at eBay, selling mostly name brand kid's clothes. :)

I've been married to my wonderful dh for 9 years and we have two girls---Adrienne who's 5 and Gabrielle who's 8.5 months. I refer to them online mostly as A and G....the perk of giving them such long names! LOL

Before kids, I was a nanny. Then I took A to work with me for 2.5 years before quitting to be a SAHM. It's my dream job. :)

danielleh
01-28-2003, 01:58 PM
Hi,

I'm Danielle and my DH is Jim. Our DS Jimmy is almost 5 months old now. I only recently started posting, but I have been reading the board since about halfway through my pregnancy and have gotten a lot of useful information. Hopefully I will be able to pass on some useful info to others, too.

Pre-baby, I was an industrial physicist. I was going to go back to work part-time, but got laid off (along with 20% of the staff)the day my maternity leave ended. It was all for the best, since I am loving being a SAHM.

Danielle
mom to Jimmy born 8/29/02

mcmorfit
01-29-2003, 07:49 AM
Great idea!

I'm Ellen (34) and DH is known as Cameron (33). Our first wee one is due at the end of February, plumbing system unknown. We had been living in NYC, but recently moved to the Hudson Valley to get some fresh air and, as it turns out, lots of snow. We can't wait to start taking the wee one out on hikes.

I'm in the process of finishing my masters in museum education and DH is a free-lance writer, so he travels and works from home. We are planning on moving back West after I finish school in July to be closer to friends and family. I'm planning on staying at home and then when we move working part-time or consulting.

I'll second the thanks for this board.

Ellen
EDD: 2/23/03

cara1
01-29-2003, 11:28 AM
Ellen, where in the Hudson Valley? I grew up in Goshen.
-Cara

mcmorfit
01-30-2003, 09:56 AM
Okay, we are further down in Putnam County - probably not considered true "Hudson Valley", but we do have a view of the FROZEN Hudson. It is so beautiful and a wonderful change from the city.

August Mom
02-05-2003, 02:37 AM
Sorry I'm a little late introducing myself. I wanted to include some photos and we've been having some computer issues in that area. Anyway, I've finally become more adept at nursing and typing at the same time, so I've started frequenting these boards more often and trying to contribute when I can. This is really a helpful place and I enjoy visiting. I learned a lot from these boards before DS arrived in this world too.

So, let me introduce myself. I'm Chanda (31) aka August Mom. DH is Phil (32) and DS is Justin Philip, born August 14, 2002 (almost 6 months). We live in the Columbus, OH area. DH is from the Pittsburgh, PA area and I'm from a small town in northwestern Ohio. I'm an only child and DH is the oldest of 4. I graduated from DePauw University in Greencastle, IN with a B.A. in communication and anthropology (Sounds interesting, doesn't it?) and DH graduated from Grove City College in Grove City, PA with a B.A. in history. Both DH and I are attorneys. I am a civil trial attorney, while DH is a transactional attorney, drafting contracts, assisting with the formation and selling of businesses and assessing tax consequences of various transactions. (Exciting, huh?) He is a partner in a law firm of 11 attorneys. We met in law school at Washington & Lee University in Lexington, Virginia. Then we did some long distance dating for 2 years, married in 1997 and moved to Columbus, OH.

I am now a SAHM and intend to be at least until DS goes to school. I am really enjoying it on most days, although I never realized how all-consuming having a baby would be. I do think going through law school helped me cope with the lack of sleep I encountered with a newborn. At least while up with a newborn, I didn't have to write a brief or read boring cases during the middle of the night! LOL Because of my background, I do tend to research a lot and read lots of books and articles on everything baby. However, I'm starting to learn that sometimes the books don't have solutions for everything DS throws at me. That's why it's been so helpful to have a resource like this board.

Thanks for all your help in the past. I hope that I can provide help to you in the future.

Here's a link to a family photo and several photos of my sweet Justin in case you're interested. http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b331df4d4518

gour0
02-05-2003, 09:38 AM
What a cutie pie!

Rachels
02-05-2003, 10:42 AM
WOW, he's cute!!!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nigele
02-05-2003, 11:02 AM
Chanda,

What a doll!! I love the picture of Justin in the leaves!

mamahill
02-05-2003, 01:20 PM
What a little gentleman! Adorable!

jojo2324
02-05-2003, 04:41 PM
He's adorable! Let me ask...where did you get that green elephant romper? It's so cute! And I love elephants. And green. And shopping...:)

atlbaby
02-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Hi Chanda!

Justin is so adorable! And his Daddy looks so proud in the Thanksgiving photo too!

Welcome!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

August Mom
02-05-2003, 06:36 PM
Thanks to all of you for welcoming me and for finding my precious DS so adorable and cute. (I think so too, but I'm just slightly partial!)

I love shopping too, but I haven't needed to do much of it because by mother loves shopping even more. She is addicted to Gymboree now. I keep explaining that Justin will grow out of these clothes, and soon. But, I don't have to do DS's laundry nearly as often now and I don't have to spend money for clothes, so I'm not complaining.

In answer to your question, the fleece elephant romper is from Gymboree. I doubt that there are any still available because Gymboree has most of its spring clothes in now. But, there might still be a couple lingering on the sale rack. I'm glad you like it. It's not one of DH's favorites.

sntm
02-05-2003, 07:01 PM
He is too cute! I love all his little outfits -- will be sure to keep checking gymboree if that's the main source.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

ddmarsh
02-05-2003, 09:05 PM
Chandra - I am a stay at home mom who is also an attorney and lives in Ohio as well :). We live in the Youngstown area, which also is not too far from Grove City (although I am only familiar with Grove City due to the outlets!).

I concur with those above - your pics are great :).

Debbie

August Mom
02-05-2003, 09:35 PM
Nice to "meet" you Debbie. I wasn't sure there was anyone else from Ohio out there! We go to the Grove City Outlets sometimes. They are pretty nice. What kind of law did you practice? Were you with a firm or what? Do you miss practicing law? (That's what everyone asks me. My answer is "no" for the most part.)

Thanks for the compliment on the pics.

Chanda

sparkeze
02-06-2003, 11:33 PM
Hello! I've been posting regularly, but have never introduced myself! I'm Sohee (25), SAHM to Matty who's now 10 mo and wife to Gil (29). We're in Madison, WI and DH is a grad student here at UW. We've been married for about 3 1/2 years now.

ddmarsh
02-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Hi - Actually I haven't practiced much at this point, I've been dabbling a bit assisting my husband with his business. I took the bar 2 years ago right after my husband had a serious illness and we decided to take some time off from me doing anything else. Then last year I bacame pregnant with our fourth child so for now I am at home determining if and how I'd like to eventually practice :).

Debbie

smilequeen
02-07-2003, 08:01 PM
I did this late on another post...buried in here somewhere.

I'm Karen, 28 years old. Not yet pg, but hopefully soon (crossing all crossables). Feel a little strange doing so much research before the babe is concieved, but...

Anyway, I'm a dentist, married to dh Sam who is also a dentist. (We do not work together...) We live in Southwest Missouri at the moment ( I grew up in St. Louis and would prefer to move back...).

We have 2 very spoiled pugs and one sweet cat.

VickiH
02-08-2003, 07:09 PM
I too have been posting for a few months, but reading for much longer. I've gotten so much help from these boards! I am really grateful to have this available. It's a great community.

Anyway, I'm Vicki (31), DH is Bill (42) and DS is Michael (4 mos). We live in Hoboken, NJ which is a small city right across the Hudson River from NYC. DH and I met at work about 4 yrs ago. I am currently on maternity leave from my job, but I'm going back on 4/1, which I am dreading. DH says I can be a SAHM, but then it will take forever for us to buy a bigger place (we live in a 1.5 bedroom condo). Any other NY/NJ mommies out there?

Anyway, I love these boards and just wanted to officially introduce myself. I feel like I know all of you already, just from all of the reading/lurking I've done!

mharling
02-10-2003, 12:25 AM
I didn't join this board until the end of December, so I missed the initial go-round. What a great idea though!

I am Mary, 28, and dh is Mike, 40. I swore when I was younger that I would never marry a man significantly older than me. Now, I wouldn't have it any other way. There are definitely advantages to marrying someone who had to take care of himself for a while! He's actually much better than I am in regards to housekeeping.

I was born and raised in Iowa on a farm; lived in the same house my entire life until I left for college. Dh was born and raised on the south side of Chicago and until we bought our townhouse had never lived outside of the Chicago city limits.

Dh and I are both computer software consultants (funny that I was a sociology major and dh was an English major). In fact, we met when I was his work "shadow" when I came out of training. We stayed on that assignment together for 6 months and around month 3 I figured out that he liked me (according to him from Day 1). He asked me out during my last week there; I respected him a lot for waiting. That also gave us the opportunity to become friends without the weirdness of dating a co-worker thrown on top of it. We were married in November of 2000 and found out in July that we were pregnant.

Ds or dd (Dh wanted to find out; I didn't, so we're being surprised on the first) is due 4/5/03.

I have learned so much from these boards (and continue to thank the friend who recommended the Baby Bargains book which led me here). Thanks, all, for the wealth of information! I'm mostly a taker right now, but working at being a giver!!!

Mary
EDD 4/5/03