PDA

View Full Version : Help! Expecting Twins

Cindder
01-28-2003, 09:34 AM
Hi, I have an 11 month old son and will be expecting twins in May. I was wondering if anyone has any advise on wht products would be helpful to have for twins. Also, as this is somewhat scary (as exciting)I would love any tips on how to be better organized, etc.

Thanks for all your help!!

Deanne

spu
01-28-2003, 10:28 AM
Hi Deanne!

Congratulations on your twins-2-be! I have 6 month old twin babies. 2 girls. So I'm sure we'll have alot to talk about! Do you know if they're boys/girls?

so, hmm... as for products, I'm sure you have alot of stuff already with your baby boy. Things that helped us alot in the beginning:

a pack-n-play with a full-size bassinet.
I used this downstairs in the kitchen. They spent alot of time sleeping in there during the day and I could use the changing portion as a diaper station. Definitely set up a diaper station on both floors if you have more than one.

bouncy seats.
We have 2 and still use them. They like to watch baby einstein movies in them.

a swing.
We borrowed one. That's all you really nead.

a big diaper pail.
We got one meant for composting. It's one of those cool looking stainless steel cylindrical kinds they sell at Linen's 'n Things.

2 cribs.
My babies slept together for the first 4 weeks. After that, I had to separate them because they move around so much and would wake eachother up.

Lots of bibs, t's, onsies, and sleepers.
Anything with zippers! Forget outfits with snaps. esp. in the winter. Much faster to unzip, change the diaper, and zip, esp. at 2 am!

Will you be nursing? If so, get a double nursing pillow. The boppy didn't quite cut it for twins. It kept on sliding out. I got one of those inflatable pillows - I think it's called EZ-2-nurse. It clips around your back and comes with an extra lumbar pillow. It's kind of big looking, but it's a huge back-saver.

In terms of getting organized, keep everything simple. There's not much you really need other than food, diapers, clean baby clothes. If people ask to help, give them specifics. ie - "if you want to come visit, bring food..." I had a really long labor and ended up with a c, so I was incredibly tired, and nursing 2 babies every 2 hours made sleep virtually impossible, so sometimes it was nice not having anyone around so I could sleep.

Depending on your house, you might want to set up 2 stations for changing/sleeping. We still use the one in the kitchen all the time. Some people I know swear by slings - or double slings. I haven't really adopted them. I have a Baby Bjorn, but don't use it that much. I guess I'm afraid they'll fall out! My babies spend alot of time in our arms or on the floor. At this age, they love the space and to move around.

I'm sure I'll think of tons more. Feel free to email me at my hotmail account if you want. [email protected] Good luck! Feel free to ask anything!

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

Cindder
01-28-2003, 01:06 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply! I am expecting boys. My husband is thrilled as he now has a golf foursome. I was hoping for a girl so I could have a Spa partner for life...but ohwell...:) I live outside Philly and I have been trying to find some affordable help for after the twins are born. It is so expensive! I have to have a c-section again and I will definately need help with my then 16 month old...Thank you for your advice! I hope we can chat soon!

-Deanne