PDA

View Full Version : Weissbluth Books

bnme
01-28-2003, 10:15 AM
I'd like to get some reccomendatios/feedback on which of his books to get. All the titles seem to cover similar info:

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child

Sweet Baby : How To Soothe Your Newborn

The Fussy Baby

Crybabies, Coping With Colic: What to Do When Baby Won't Stop Crying

Any info would be appreciated!

mamahill
01-28-2003, 04:03 PM
I can only speak go "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child," because that's the only one I've read, but I have to say my only regret is not picking this up sooner. I found it very easy to read and understand. He starts at birth and works up, in states, through early childhood. Not only have I used this now, but I see a definite use for the years to come. I found his advice very helpful and not the dictatorial or condescending tone I've found in some of the other books (mostly bfing books, but some others as well). And to top it off, I have reorganized my schedule to comply with Ainsleigh's sleeping schedule (no more "oh, she can sleep in the stroller/car/etc") and we are both happier and better rested. I can finally say we are on a schedule. We're both sleeping through the night and I can count on 2 1.5-2.5 hour naps throughout the day. The program might not work for everyone, but it DEFINITELY worked for us. And it has a lot of great general info in there as well about how important sleep is and what the deprivation of it can do to you. Good luck!

Karenn
01-28-2003, 09:01 PM
I have Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and have liked it. I've looked for his other books, and never been able to find any in print. I'm curious what they're like too. In terms of HSHHC, Sarah said it all- it's definately a good book to get!

Karen
Colin 6/18/02

Tracey1
01-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Another big thumbs up for Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child - this book seriously saved my sanity! My DD went from an over-stimulated, over-tired, screaming 6 week-old to a happy little girl almost instantly once I applied the information in this book.

I definitely recommend it as a must-read to all my pregnant friends!