PDA

View Full Version : Laci Peterson...the mommy2be that has been missing in CA...

mama2be
01-29-2003, 05:56 PM
This story just kills me...and as her due date approaches I can't stop thinking of this young gal and this tragedy. I guess I'm hormonal but I tear up everytime I see her face and the pictures of her so happy and pregnant...

Rachels
01-29-2003, 05:59 PM
I'm right with you, Neve. It's unimaginable.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

sntm
01-29-2003, 06:07 PM
I'm the same way. I'm obsessed with the story and keep updating everyone at work (who usually respond with "Laci who?" ) It's hard enough to understand someone killing his wife but his unborn son too???? I keep wondering if they had picked out a name already. And in a morbid moment, wondered if she had ever been on these message boards...

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

darebear
01-29-2003, 06:19 PM
I just read an article on it, that they had picked the name Connor or Conner, for him. The husband had been on Good Morning America yesterday and today, saying that Laci knew about the affair and was ok with it. I agree though, I don't understand how someone could kill their unborn child.

Allison

MartiesMom2B
01-29-2003, 07:10 PM
This story has been a great interest to me too. At first I thought she was kidnapped by one of those crazy people out there who want a baby but can't (which made me paranoid-thinking that people want to snatch my baby out of me). Then the more you hear about it the more that you think her husband did it. How could he? Further how could he have an affair while his wife was pregnant. I told DH last night that if he told me that he told me he was having an affair, he would be in BIG trouble. How could you be find with your husband running around with someone else when you are hormonal? I just don't understand it!

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

COElizabeth
01-29-2003, 08:39 PM
That story is haunting, isn't it? So sad and scary. I think your "extra" empathy for this pregnant woman will soon be followed by similar empathy for people who lose their children. Shortly after James was born, there was an incredibly sad story about a baby here who was born with an incurable brain defect that meant he was unlikely to live more than a few weeks or so. The story made news because the baby's grandmother desperately wanted to hold her grandchild before he died and be with her children, but she lived in Mexico and was getting hung up by INS. Thankfully, a senator intervened and got her through the red tape so she made it in time to see the baby, but I tear up when I even think about it. He was almost the same age as my baby.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

mamahill
01-29-2003, 08:47 PM
This story is on all of our local news because they live a couple cities away and the marina he went "fishing" from (or whatever his story is) is about 10 minutes away. This whole story makes me ill. I'm much more sensitive to stories about pregnant women and children. And I've actually thought a lot about you, Neve, and the other ladies who are due right aroung the time Laci is. Sad. Happy hormone vibes to you...

mama2be
01-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Thank you Sarah for your kind thoughts...I think this story really hits me knowing that the poor gal was due at about the same time I was...

The second I saw the husband saying he had told her about the affair I knew she was dead because he didn't have to fear her found and her revealing that she did not know. I guess I hoped she was alive but now know she is not. I don't beleive for a second that he told her about the affair...first of all he didn't tell the other gal he was married so why would he tell his wife he was having an affair. I mean no guy would admit to that unless the threat that it would be revealed, well if this other gal didn't know he was married that doesn't sound like that was it.

Those tears on the tiny ad for Good MOrning America I saw looked like a poor act to me, though must admit I didn't see the interview.

I hope they nab him big time...

brubeck
01-29-2003, 09:47 PM
This story impacted me a lot too because I delivered just 4 days before she disappeared. I'm sitting here now breastfeeding my newborn son and wondering why someone would do this. I also live in the San Francisco Bay Area so I see this on the new multiple times a day.

If you think about it, it's unlikely that she was attacked for rape (unless it's a real sicko) given how pregnant she was so it also crossed my mind that perhaps she was kidnapped and is being held until she gives birth. When they find the body they would know if she gave birth or not and how recently before death.

Of course it is pointing to the husband but I really want to believe he didn't do it because that thought is so much worse that my previous possibility. I really feel for her family too because her baby was (I think) the first one of that generation. They were all excited about its coming and now they are devastated.

darebear
01-29-2003, 10:21 PM
He said that he told her about the affair in early December and that she was aware that he still saw the girlfriend after Laci found out about the affair. He said they there was never any yelling, not even after she found out. Now I know when I was pregnant there was some yelling that went on in my house over some little things, like forgetting to take out the garbarge or working late and forgetting to call, so I find that VERY hard to believe.

sntm
01-30-2003, 10:46 AM
I actually read somewhere that of men who cheat on their wives, something like 70% do it when she is pregnant. Bastards!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

himom
01-30-2003, 09:18 PM
Isn't it awful?

I've been watching this one very closely too. It always gets to me when they refer to her a "8 months pregnant Laci Peterson" because I keep thinking if she was alive she wouldn't be 8 months pregnant. I know that she would be due in a couple of weeks or might have already given birth.

I think about how her baby was probably doing those little stretches and squirmy moves that my son was doing in December. Or about how cute it is when a little foot or knee or elbow pops out on one side and sits there for a little while. I wonder if that guy ever felt his baby move? I also get a little morbid and wonder if she ever read Baby Bargains, if she agonized over strollers and crib mattresses, and if she has a closet full of newborn and 0-3 month clothes ready and waiting. Just think, if she were alive she would also be dealing with an itchy belly and worrying about childbirth. The whole thing just makes me sick. I need to stop watching CNN!

But then I think about how excited DH and I are about our son arriving, and how he kisses my belly every night before we go to sleep. At that point, I get all weepy and I have to stop and thank God for my husband and baby and think about how lucky we really are.

Yes, I'm hormonal too.....

Jodi
EDD 02/03/03
(only 4 more days!!!!!)

cvharris
01-31-2003, 11:22 AM
Wow, this story has affected me so much, too! I'm always checking out the lacipeterson.com website for the latest news. Neve, I agree with you, the fact that Scott said he told her about the affair also leads me to believe that she is not alive. I just don't understand his behavior. He is such a jerk!

Carolee
Expecting a BOY on 6/16/03

etwahl
01-31-2003, 08:24 PM
Can you believe the story about the clerk who said a pregnant woman came in to her store and said "This is serious. I was kidnapped. Call the authorities when I leave"...but she got distracted and forgot!!! How in the heck do you get distracted and forget when someone comes in and tells you they've been kidnapped?????? I just don't get it. Apparently she tried to find a phone book to call the police -- I guess she wasn't aware of 911 -- and then got distracted and forgot.

Here's the whole story. It's so sad if this really was Laci (or anyone for that matter)
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030131/ap_on_re_us/missing_woman_1

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

Rachels
01-31-2003, 09:16 PM
That's nauseating. Either the person is incredibly stupid or it's an unbelievably terrible hoax. It's hard to know what to believe. I didn't like that her husband talked about her in the past tense, either. The whole thing makes me queasy.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

kathsmom
01-31-2003, 09:29 PM
Tammy,

I cannot believe this! I told my husband about it, and like me, he was just dumbfounded that the woman didn't call 911, and then proceeded to forget about it! And then the remark about "She said you kidnapped her." I am sure that remark put Laci in even more danger than she was already in!

I just hope that she and the baby are found alive, although I am not too optimistic now. I just look at my baby Andrew and am so grateful that I have him, my wonderful husband, and loving daughter. Whenever I feel too overwhelmed by things, I just need to remember that I am blessed with a wonderful family.

Take care of you and your baby.

Toni

etwahl
01-31-2003, 09:36 PM
Oh I know! That is not something you joke about. I've seen stupid movies of the week where people do dumb things like that, but you just think there's no way someone could be that stupid or ignorant in real life. You certainly don't tell the "alleged" kidnapper what she said. It's pathetic and sad. I just can't get over it. It literally blows me away. When I first heard about this story on the radio, I thought that there's no way it could be true. I figured somehow Scott or his family had set it up to take the heat off him. The story is just almost too unbelievable to be true.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

mharling
02-07-2003, 11:56 AM
.... to add to him being a jerk. This didn't get much national press, so don't know how many of you heard this.

I heard a story on the radio yesterday morning that he traded in her SUV for a new truck!! Unbelievable.

On the flip side, the car dealer turned around and gave the SUV to her family.

I think about how excited my husband and I are for our first child. Everytime he talks to and kisses my belly, I am incredibly thankful and couldn't imagine it being any other way. Too bad there are people like Laci's husband that tell us otherwise.

Mary
EDD 4/5/03

mama2be
02-07-2003, 12:01 PM
don't you know that is one man that is excited about the demise of the space shuttle challenger...it took him off the front pages...I hope they are still concentrating on him in California though!!!!

I am so happy that car dealer did that...makes youw onder if there is any evidence to be found in the SUV...

kathsmom
02-07-2003, 12:42 PM
I personally think it's awful he traded in her car for a truck for himself. According to an article on lacipeterson.com, his truck is still being held by police, and he had been renting cars to get around. I know that can get expensive, but his family and friends probably would have helped him get transportation, whether they helped pay for a rental car, loaned him one of their vehicles, or helped him buy another one.

Even if the pregnant lady that store clerk saw in Washington was Laci, and she was with another man who kidnapped her, I still think Scott Peterson had something to do with it. I am just speculating of course.

Toni

brubeck
02-07-2003, 02:44 PM
They determined that the clerk in Washington was a fasle lead.

mama2be
02-07-2003, 05:37 PM
my gut was that lady was not telling the truth...it didn't add up...she sees a "classic beauty" who claims she was kid napped...and the guy with her had a "ruddy complexion"...it was too beauty and the beast, typical description of the "bad guy" for me to believe. And then to suspect that maybe they were together, and "the classic beauty" was lying/joking...

UGHHH it all makes me sick!!!