PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody else had crazy baby dreams?

MartiesMom2B
01-29-2003, 07:31 PM
I'm so tired because I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep because of my crazy baby related nightmares. For some reason my baby dreams revolve around chickens. Why, I have no idea.

I had a dream a few months ago that I had my baby early and when it came out it looked like a little human baby but it's arms were shaped like chicken wings. When I asked what was wrong, they said that I had the baby too early and it didn't evolve enough. And then they wouldn't give me the baby because of the look of disgust that I had on my face. And then last night I had a dream that I was at a doctors office and the baby was kicking like crazy (Martie probably was) and then I went to the bathroom and gave birth to a chicken egg. I was going to throw the egg away but it started jumping and then I showed the egg to the doctor and inside the egg was a tiny baby with 4 arms and 4 legs (think Hindu Gods) and I than I said to the doctor "That's not what showed up on the sonogram" and I was crying for my husband.

Ok so I know that my baby isn't going to be a chicken, but these dreams are so weird and so vivid.

Thanks for listening.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

KathyO
01-29-2003, 07:44 PM
I had this recurring one about giving birth to a perfectly healthy baby who was the size of a dime, and I was constantly misplacing him/her and becoming hysterical... They finally stopped when I gave birth to a 7 pound 9 ounce kid, who is rather larger than a dime...

Go figure!

KathyO

mcmorfit
01-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Ha! These are too good.

My strangest dream was right after we saw the new Lord of the Rings movie. It involved me playing soccer next to an English estate. At halftime, a butler called me over and I was instructed to go to the wooded area where I met one of the actors and his father. The father then instructed us (the actor and myself) to pick out our hats, which basically were pieces of wood carved to shape a head with ribbon attached. I picked mine out then went back to the soccer game. Very strange.

etwahl
01-29-2003, 08:21 PM
Earlier on, I had dreams about getting in the shower with the baby, and just leaving it alone (on a ledge) for a while and coming back to realize I'd left the baby in the shower with the water beating down on it. Then I'd always dream that I would put the baby down somewhere and not remember where, or just misplace it in general. Those dreams were very vivid, and extremely disturbing!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

COElizabeth
01-29-2003, 08:21 PM
Yes! When I was pregnant I dreamed that my new baby looked up at me while nursing and spoke clearly, "I'm sorry. I can't do this anymore. I have reflux." Ironically, we think DS does have some reflux, but he nurses fine and does not speak in complete sentences yet!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

mamahill
01-29-2003, 09:13 PM
OMG - I'm laughing so hard. I HATED the dreams I would have. I would always dream that I would drop the baby. Like she was really slippery.

Then I dreamed that I gave birth and Joel left the room with the baby (which was weird bc I knew that I would labor/deliver/recover in the same room and we wouldn't be separated, but whatever) and I had an overwhelming desire to push again, so I did, and out came another one! And all I could say was, "Oh NOOOO. Joel's going to be so mad at me!" Of course, the hospital was my parents' kitchen, but what dreams actually make sense?!

mama2be
01-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Towards the begining I had some very vivid dreams that would make me wake up Steve and start asking him questions etc...I actually had him up checking the house for an "intruder" that was in the house. Poor guy he grabbed his guna nd was walking around the house...then he said out loud "Neve we have three large dogs that are all sleeping as peacefully as can be...there is no intruder in the house"...

My only baby dream was Tristan was born with no legs...I looked down at the swaddled baby and noticed that the body kind of stopped at the torso...I said "Oh he must have small legs", and I remeber the nurse shaking her head slowly and saying, "he has no legs"...

OF course I woke hubby up for that one too, and said, "the baby has no legs"...thank god we had an ultrasound and he was able to say, "neve we saw the legs on the ultrasound"...

brubeck
01-29-2003, 10:12 PM
Well this is not during pregnancy, but after I gave birth to my daughter I would fall asleep exhausted. When my husband came to bed one night I sleepily told him, 'Careful you don't crush the baby!'. He said, 'The baby isn't here.' and I woke right up fast! Turns out that I was so engorged I had been stroking my breast in my sleep thinking it was my baby's head nursing! And the weirdest part is that I have never nursed lying down in bed; I never got the hang of it. So why I dreamt I was doing it I'll never know!

cara1
01-29-2003, 10:32 PM
OMG! I had so many of those post-baby dreams. Engorged breasts the size of canteloupes really do seem like baby's head, don't they? DH and I both (still) wake up in the middle of the night looking for the baby in the bed. (Keep in mind, we have never coslept, so he shouldn't ever be in the bed). Stranger than that is the incredible frequency with which DH sleepily tries to lift me up in the middle of the night and try to put me in the crib thinking I'm the baby!

While pregnant, boy, so many horrific ones. There's the one where I dropped the newborn (who talked and walked by the way) down the stairs and he had a subdural hematoma. There's the one where the baby girl was born with a brain tumor.

But don't worry. Your real life will be much better than your dreams. And if you're dreaming about chickens, I can almost guarantee that!

cara1
01-30-2003, 11:52 AM
Okay, one more (very) bizarre pre-baby dream. (I'm not sure I should even admit to this...). I dreamt that my cat was breastfeeding from me. Yikes!