PDA

View Full Version : Great gift/way of preserving baby's "birth" day...

etwahl
01-30-2003, 07:38 PM
We got this great gift from our shower and just wanted to share because others may like it as well. It is a dual frame - one side for picture, one side for plaster cast which you put your baby's foot or hand imprint into. It's really wonderful. The web site for the company is below if you want to see what I mean. They have different formats (e.g. wall hanging or table top) and they're really great. The best suggestion I had was to take the plaster package to the hospital so I could take an imprint that day (I want baby's foot!) and especially since they don't do the ink blotting anymore. It's just a really personal gift and I'm excited to do it. I can't wait to put it on my nightstand!

http://www.pearhead.com/babyorder.html

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

nohomama
01-30-2003, 07:53 PM
We've given a bunch of these as gifts to grandparents (we actually used the "Paw Prints" instead of the "Baby Prints" because we liked the look of the black frame/white mat/black background better). Ironically, we never gave one to ourselves. Sometime before Xmas I suggested these as a good gift for fathers. We gave one to Daniel's sister over the holidays. She returned to work from maternity leave at the beginning of the year and we figured it would be nice for her to have at work. I highly recommend these.

flagger
01-31-2003, 12:42 AM
What a cute idea. Thanks for that. Methinks that might make a wonderful mommy-2-be's day present since it will be so close to Ms. Flagger's due date.

August Mom
01-31-2003, 11:56 AM
These are really cute and easy to use. We have one for ourselves and gave one to each set of grandparents. I liked the cherry wood on the tabletop model better than the natural wood on the wall hanging model. But, I didn't think about the need to have a vertical photo to use with the tabletop model. With the wall hanging model, you can use either a vertical or horizontal photo. In the early weeks, we noticed that most of the photos we have are horizontal because DS was lying down. So, you may want to make a special point of taking some cute vertical shots if you're using the tabletop model. Also, the footprint/handprint casting material is not messy and you can start over with it if you are not pleased with the print you made. We took DS's footprints at about 2 weeks. There was enough casting material left over to do handprints as well. Although it was pretty tricky to pry open DS's hand for a handprint, the finished product looks nice with both a footprint and handprint of our little one.

By the way, we saw these kits at BRU, The Picture People and the Discovery Channel Store.

Mommy to Justin
8/14/02

COElizabeth
01-31-2003, 12:55 PM
Tammy,

Just FYI, our hospital didn't do footprints, either, but they would give you a little "kit" to do it yourself if you asked, and we did do that while we were there. I like the molds, too, but just wanted to let you know in case the prints were something you really wanted. You could ask if you are interested.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

mama2be
02-02-2003, 04:08 PM
Tammy I got one as a shower gift!!!! I am so happy!!!!! :)