PDA

View Full Version : Target goes upscale! Liz Lange, Amy Coe, and Cynthia Rowley!

kathsmom
01-31-2003, 08:11 PM
Hi, everyone! I was just in Target this afternoon annd noticed quite a few designer names. Liz Lange has a maternity clothing line at Target (I didn't look too closely at them, because I had DS and DD with me) and Amy Coe has diaper bags (which I think look very stylish and functional!).

Also, Cynthia Rowley and Ilene Rosenzweig (did I spell that correctly?) have taken their "Swell" philosophy and designed quite a few product lines for Target. I had seen some of the products before, but each time I go, there seems to be more! They have designed jewelry, p.j.'s/loungewear, bed/bath/table linens, melamine tableware, bathroom accessories, and photo boxes/albums/frames.

Just wanted to let you know in case you haven't been to Target in a while!

Toni

nigele
02-01-2003, 11:44 AM
Hi Toni!

Have you decided on a diaper bag yet? Did you get to have a good look at the Amy Coe's at Target - what do you think?

kathsmom
02-02-2003, 01:52 AM
Lisa,

I went back to Target today and bought the Amy Coe messenger bag - I think it was $21.99. I really like it (usually I don't like this type of bag, because of the large flap, but this one has a smaller flap), but when I put in the bottle cooler bag, it gets too heavy for my shoulder. I have a cooler bag that is the shape of a brown paper lunch sack, with a flap that velcros. It is pretty tall, so it doesn't always fit in diaper bags. I found a nice cooler bag by Munchkins that looks really cool at Target. It comes in black or navy. I put it in the Amy Coe messenger bag, but it was too big. I bought a JChildress Maxi Cooler bag at BRU and that fits fine in the messenger bag with plenty of room for the other stuff - but it seems to weigh down my shoulder.

While I was at BRU, I bought the Baby Trend ActivPack in navy. I don't normally like backpacks on me, but I hate the feel of anything heavy on my shoulder, and with a backpack the weight would be more evenly distributed. I had bought an Eddie Bauer overnight tote diaper bag, and while I love the looks of it, it just gets weighed down when I put the cooler bag in. Beth had suggested the Combi Traditional tote to me, but I can't find it anywhere close by, and after my experience with the other over the shoulder bags with the cooler bag in it, I may not get it. The ActivPack has insulated side pockets (at least they say they are insulated) and an insulated bottle holder that holds one bottle. If the side pockets really are insulated, that would be great, because I wouldn't have to carry the cooler bag.

If it comes down to it, I may just go back and get the Munchkin cooler bag, because it comes with a shoulder strap (my current cooler bag has a short handle, which drives me nuts!). I could carry it separately and still use my LE Little Tripper, which I really enjoy. I may keep the Amy Coe, because I need a little more space than the Little Tripper has for blankets. I'll let you know what I end up doing. DD thinks I look very fashionable with the backpack. She basically had no comment on the messenger bag, so I know it's not her favorite one!

I am a purse mimimalist, so having to figure out how to carry all this stuff efficiently and with minimal weight has been stressing me out!

Sorry this is SO long, but that' where I am in my diaper bag saga. I am starting to feel like stroller queen with all her strollers!

Good luck on your diaper bag search!

Toni