PDA

View Full Version : Sharyn (SASM):has had IAN...BUT NEEDS HELP!!!!!

mama2be
02-02-2003, 03:22 PM
HEy everyone...I feel awful becasue I've been out of town and Sharyn emailed me on the !st at 3:30AM pleading for me to post for her because she can not log on (computer problems)...

The great news is she has had Ian :):):)...sounds like everything went well becaseu they are all home. She sounds exhauseted in her email and is desperate for advice from moms that have gone before her...She has asked me to the the following which I have "cut and pasted"...

HERE IS HER EMAIL....

I need your help, Neve. (BEG...BEG)

I cannot get into details right now due to 1) the hour, 2) my computer keeps kicking me offline, and 3) I just wrote a long desperate post for the message boards before I was cut off and cannot sit any longer due to the episiotomy.

Can you post something for me? As I stated, the MB did not accept my long desperate post and I am not sure if I am having the same problems that you had. Hopefully my computer will be up by tomorrow or the weekend but just to be on the safe side...I am desperate!!!

Mat and I are having a horrible night. This is Ian's first night home and we haven't had a moment of sleep yet. I haven't had more than 10 hours of sleep since Superbowl Sunday!! Ian refuses to fall asleep. He is constantly trying to BF, I think. My nipples are literally blisters now. WE have tried everything in addition to BFing - the swing, the vibrating "chair", temping, pacifiers (which we do not want to use) calling the postpartum floor, EVERYTHING!! NOTHING WORKS!! Does anyone have any suggestions? WE are hoping that once my milk comes in and we have more of a routine things will iron out in a day of so. But in the meantime we are so desperate!! Does anyone have any thoughts on CO-sleeping in the bed, with one of those separators between DH and me? Oh God...I hope that people can offer advice.

I will either post something when my computer is back up or email you soon. Hopefully it is just due to the hour that I cannot post. I wrote a very long "beg...beg" post despite the epis and now I am so sore and still without a post :-( Take care. "Talk" with you soon hopefully. Thanks (hopefully) for posting for me.

Please send her any advice you can to her personnal account since she might not beable to log on to MB...

Her email is [email protected]

Thanks everyone!!!!

Momof3Labs
02-02-2003, 04:05 PM
I just sent her a message - she needs the Happiest Baby on the Block book!!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

KathyO
02-02-2003, 08:43 PM
I did too... her experience mirrors mine, right down to the cauliflower nipples and the no-sleep-for-a-week!

KathyO

spu
02-02-2003, 09:13 PM
thanks, neve, for letting us know! I sent her an email too.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

Rachels
02-02-2003, 09:34 PM
Me too. I sent 3, actually, because I kept forgetting things. Sharyn, if you see this, we're all here for you.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nigele
02-02-2003, 10:13 PM
I sent her an e-mail as well. Hang in there, Sharyn!

Sandy
02-02-2003, 11:56 PM
I sent her one too. The first couple of day's can be really tough.

Neve do let is know if she needs more support.

Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

mamahill
02-03-2003, 12:02 AM
I emailed her too, but I'm not sure if it went through. If you're able to access this site Sharyn - take care, we're here for you! And Congratulations on the arrival of Ian. We look forward to hearing the whole story and seeing pictures of the little guy!

newbelly2002
02-03-2003, 03:44 AM
goodness I hope that girl has a big mailbox! I dashed one off as well. Between the varied advice and experience--and time of course--hopefully something will help.

Sharyn, if you're there, congrats again!

Paula

mama2be
02-03-2003, 08:48 AM
Thank you all so much for emailing her with your advice...she is super gal and I know will make such a great mom :)...

I have not heard from her yet so if you do before I do please keep us posted, if I hear something I will post it here...unless it is juicy details about the birth and the experience and Ian... then I will give it a "special post" assuming she can not log on still...

Thanks again everyone!!!