PDA

View Full Version : Those of you in Northern California/San Francisco Area

DDowning
02-03-2003, 04:43 PM
If you plan on going to the "yeah baby" expo this weekend in San Mateo -skip it. I went to the LA one yesterday and it was a waste.

Dcclerk
02-03-2003, 07:29 PM
I completely agree with DDowning. It was very second-rate. I went on Sat. expecting to learn about all of the latest and greatest and got very little out of it. The worst was standing in line for the Gerber freebies, figuring they must be spectacular to warrant this 1/2 hour line (yes, I am a sheep), only to find out that it was a sample of baby wash and a pacifier! :P

The best was that I got to see the oft-discussed Bugaboo stroller in action. I don't think that I can justify the cost to DH, but boy are those great strollers! :) I also got to see the Whittlestone pump in person and hear about it. I was duly impressed and do think that I will be getting a Whittlestone instead of the Medela PIS I was planning on getting.

The funniest was the Tummy Honey booth. They were selling (and people were buying) this anti-stretch mark kit of 3 lotions/creams for $50. I saw the exact same item on EBAY for $1.50 plus $7.00 shipping!

myllam
02-03-2003, 08:41 PM
Thanks so much for posting re: this. I had been debating on whether or not to go and this makes the decision easy :-)

Monica