PDA

View Full Version : Mid Wife thinks I'm going "sooner rather than later"

mama2be
02-03-2003, 05:03 PM
I just got back from a mid wife appt, I met with the Director at Piedmont (Chapel Hill) this time and she was AWESOME!!!!

She was suprised I was not feeling even more pressure than I am, she says that Tristan is engaged, head down and she thinks there to stay. She did an internal and said my Cervix is as thin as can be, and I measure circumference wise 39 and should be at 37...she thinks he is large (I was told during sonos way back when that he was a tad behind schedule there)...

She said "go home pack...and live every evening like it is your last". We have gone from freezing temps to 69 today and Jimmy Buffet is in town I am so tempted to really put myself into labor dancing to "Margaretaville" :):):)...or "Fins"...

I am such a nut...when she said "he's coming soon"...you'd think I was a virgin being told I was having a baby, I think i forgot what was going on here...I'm like, "what's coming sonn?????"...OH lord help me!!!

Scared to death, emotional but so excited!!!! :)

nigele
02-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Oh, my goodness!!! That is so exciting!!!!! We'd better have lunch soon - looks like you''ll have your hands full in no time...

:-)

mamahill
02-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Oooh! I'm so excited for you. I remember when I realized I was in labor for real, I burst into tears. It kind of freaked Joel out because I said, "I want the baby out, but I'm scared to death for her to COME out!" Joel, bless his heart, just sat there looking perplexed muttering, "It's kind of too late for that now." But then as quickly as I started crying, I stopped and began giggling hysterically because I was about to become a MOTHER. Ah, gotta love those hormones!

Take care, and enjoy these last few nights of rest! Oh, and did you ever head out to DC? If so, how was the party? I'm so excited for you!

MartiesMom2B
02-03-2003, 06:36 PM
OMG!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Yes as Lisa says, we better have lunch soon. I can't even imagine what it'll be like when I'm in your position.

Isn't the weather wonderful? It made me feel like a kid and I wanted to go outside and play.

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

mama2be
02-03-2003, 06:43 PM
Sarah,

Thanks so much...

We did go out of town to DC and I actually felt more comfie in the drive then I did when I was at home on the couch or in bed...I don't know why but in the drive I said, "I'm forgetting I'm pregnant I feels so good in this chair"...

WE had a busy quick trip, got there late about 9:30 or so Friday and then met with a photographer for belly shots at 8:00 in the morning till 11:00...

The shower was at 4:00PM and my girlfirends went so out of the way and had my favorite foods (I love food) and swear they could have fed 10 times the amount of people that were there. there was sushi, fondue, MEidtranean hummos, baba ganouj, they even had chocolate covered strawberries...I swear they spoiled me rotten!!!We got tons of nice things, a lot of clothes (I hardly registered so not much of a wish list)...and at 9:30 everyone was gone except "the girls" and I had a massive desire to wake up in my bed on Sunday morning and have the whole day...so Steve drove us home and we arrived at 1:30AM and snoozed off and on all day yesterday. I was especially exhausted because there was so much catching up with old frineds...so alot of stimulation...

Glad I went and glad I got home safely and not in labor, we did have everything packed just in case :)...

Thanks for asking!!!

mamahill
02-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Yay! Nothing like a last shindig before you buckle down and go do work! Glad the ride was enjoyable and the party was fun. I'm salivating just reading your list of food (food is an obsession of mine). Hooray - take it easy now!

Rachels
02-03-2003, 07:14 PM
YAY!!!! Lady, keep your feet up. Your body has some hard work ahead, and you need to be rested. Resist the urge to do millions of things all day long. Take it as easy as possible, eat really well, and get ready for a wonderful ride!!! You're going to be so proud of what you can do. I'll be thinking of you!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Annette_C
02-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Neve, I'm SOOOOOOOOO happy for you!! Hopefully, very soon, you'll have everything behind you and you'll be holding your preciuos baby son!
I'm also glad you had a great time in DC and had a chance to catch up with your friends.
Good luck and don't forget to keep us posted! We're all anxious and waiting....:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

kathsmom
02-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Neve,

Yee-haw! We're gonna have a baby! (OK, you'll have the baby and we'll all just get excited). Please make sure you get plenty of rest. My DH will be flying up next Monday and driving to Lynchburg, VA to make sales calls. He'll be back in the Raleigh area Tuesday night and all day Wednesday. If you need a good coach, I highly recommmend my DH - he coached basketball for 7-8 year olds, so I am sure he could handle your labor and delivery!LOL!!!

Anyway, take care of yourself and I'm glad you had a great time at your shower!

Toni

JMarie
02-04-2003, 12:06 AM
You can't really take to heart those earlier sonograms - mine said Aidan would be on the small side and he most certainly was not! I guess they really DO grow most during that last trimester! Do not worry or be scared - be happy and stay excited! I just looked over at DH and said "can you believe it's already been a week since we checked into the hospital?" It all just flies by so cherish every minute - and let us know as soon as you can! I'm so excited for you!

JMarie
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

ddmarsh
02-04-2003, 12:16 AM
I was just thinking the same thing today (since our babies were born the same day) - and I actually started crying! It does fly by so incredibly quickly, I am trying to savor every delicious minute.

Debbie

bnme
02-04-2003, 08:46 AM
I had the same thing happen -at 36 weeks they said I was measuring small and would probably have a 6.5lber. They scheduled me for weekly sonos to make sure everything was OK and check that the baby's growth wasn't restricted. In the end I had a 7lb 14oz baby! Go figure.

newbelly2002
02-04-2003, 09:22 AM
Congrats! Sounds like you are well on your way to having a baby! Glad it went well.

And, we had the reverse of what you guys are talking about. All throughout the pregnancy, based on weight and sonograms, they told me: "watch out. He's a big one." Guesses from the doc came in around 8-9 pounds! Steve's cousin was 11 pounds so I was pretty much terrified. In the end, Dante came out at 6 lbs, 4 oz with a very small head. They also thought he was going to be late and he arrived a week early. Until you are holding him in your arms, you never ever know.

Go watch a movie, sleep late, and "run out" for something (grocery, drugstore, etc) quick. The last is because after Tristan arrives, nothing will ever be easy or quick again. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Paula

Rachels
02-04-2003, 11:39 AM
I agree. Sonograms are notoriously unreliable as far as predicting weight. You just have to wait so see who you've got in there! Not long now!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

darebear
02-04-2003, 01:17 PM
I agree, I had an sonogram exactly one week before DS was born and they predicted he would be around 7 1/2 lbs., one week later he was born at 10 lb. 1 oz! And they were going to let me go another week before they induced if I would not have gone into labor on my own.

Allison
Mom to Darren Christopher

jojo2324
02-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Neve that's so exciting! And you better be able to get some photos of your precious boy on the baord fast, because I'm not close enough to come and fawn over him in person. :(

And our OB was SO wrong. At 38 weeks he told me I had a runt, 6-6.5 lbs, and he (Gannon, not the OB) popped out at 8lb 6 oz 19 days later! You can never tell! :P

twins r fun
02-04-2003, 02:12 PM
I had my last sonogram about 7 hours before the boys were born. It was exactly 10 oz off for each baby. Luckily it predicted 10 oz smaller because they told us Caleb was only 2 lbs 14 oz. and he was a "hefty" 3 lbs. 8 oz!

Nicole

mama2be
02-04-2003, 03:45 PM
Yeah I think she's off, I just don't think I'd have a big baby but you never know...I really think she's off in when he is coming, because this gal (ME) has no energy...no nesting instinct...I just want to bury myself under the covers. I am having trouble sitting in a chair though...lots of pressure in the low pelvis region.

gour0
02-04-2003, 04:00 PM
Well, rest up while you can! You'll need the energy for the big event! :)

mcmorfit
02-04-2003, 04:31 PM
Wow! That is great. Do live it up - a little dancing never hurt anyone.

Best of luck as you "move" forward.

Ellen

sweetbasil
02-04-2003, 07:27 PM
Best wishes to you...can't wait to see pics of you and your sweet little one soon! How's that room coming? :)

mama2be
02-04-2003, 11:26 PM
OH so slow...we've done nothing else on it, but did buy the paint to do the diamonds, a book case that needs painting and a huge picture frame that needs to be painted pewter...that is where we are putting a black and white pic of Steve kissing my belly....:)

We keep saying "this week-end"...and never finish it :)...

nigele
02-05-2003, 08:15 AM
Get it done soon - you won't have much time later. :-)

JMarie
02-05-2003, 10:44 AM
I still had the moses basket that needed to be dressed (thank you, great-grandma for finishing it for me), a completely trashed living room from all the baby-gear set-up we'd done, and a matching completely trashed master bedroom from trying to rearrange the room to accommodate a television when we left for the hospital. Things are slowly getting done, but I am nowhere near as ready as I thought I would be for Aidan. We were also saying 'this weekend' - not knowing it was our last! Honestly, if little things don't get finished, don't worry about it. But if your heart is set on those diamonds on the ceiling, you best get to work! You won't want to paint with Tristan in there! On another note, you might be able to get things done once he arrives - Aidan sleeps, sleeps, sleeps! He has to be awakened for feedings, although he eats like it's his last meal once he's awake. Other babies in the NICU could be screaming like someone is trying to kill them, but Aidan just snoozes peacefully. That explains why his nurses just adore him - he's no work at all! But then again, I am a little biased... Good luck, and get to painting, girl!

JMarie
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

mama2be
02-05-2003, 10:55 AM
OH my goodness if he came right now I'd panic...my master bedroom is also filled with stuff...the bonus room upstairs is filled with gifts that I refuse to unpack and put away just incase i miss a thnk you note or soemthing (though I've checked the list a million times). I have so many thank yous to write that I feel guilty...dog fur car fur in every nook and cranny there is...and minimal food... Bags are packed from the trip to DC...

I think I am in denial because I am filling up my calander with little things and know I should be staying put...but just want o be out and about....:)

YIKES!!!

JMarie...I hope that Tristan is like Aiden and sleeps, sleeps, sleeps and eats too...I've uet to see his pics becaseu I don't know how to activate pics on the yahoo group, if someone can tell me I've never seena nyones pics over there which is why you all have not heard me coo'ing over them...

nigele
02-05-2003, 11:07 AM
Neve - click on the "Photos" link on the left bar in Yahoo. You will then see several folders of everyone's beautiful babies! Call me if you have any problems.