PDA

View Full Version : what to wear home after c-section

cchavez
02-04-2003, 10:03 PM
There is a possibility that I may have a c-section in late April. I was trying to figure out what to wear home. I won't need to wear the outfit long since we live 5 minutes from home, but I really don't want to come home in PJ's. Anyway, I don't think my size small OLD NAVY overalls will fit me when I come home b/c they don't fit me now at 7 mos. They did pretty much fit me until 6 mos but were kinda snug. So I went to OLD NAVY about 2 wks ago. to get a med size but those were too snug too. I bought a pair of denim overalls at Target today that fit pretty good at 7 mos, so I hope they fit ok after the PG. I want to wear something loose that will not hurt the incision. Anyway, it will probably be hot here in TX but I figure the overalls might work.....if not would any of my maternity pants work? Or would the panel hurt the incision. I also have a pair of really nice linen maternity shorts that have a really high panel. What would work best? I have not had luck find dresses yet. Thanks.

muskiesusan
02-04-2003, 10:13 PM
I wore maternity jeans home after my c-section. I had brought a pair of overalls that I wore until my 8th month to the hospital thinking they would fit since I didn't put on much weight during the pregnancy, but with all the iv fluids pumped into me they didn't fit until a few days after returning home. The panel didn't bother my incision at all, and it was nice to have something high waisted since my pj pants and sweats all irritated the incision.

HTH
Susan

sweetbasil
02-04-2003, 10:32 PM
After my c-section, I wore a pair of maternity capris I'd gotten at Target. I thought I'd be in my smallest maternity clothes on the way home, but they were large pants. They didn't have a tummy panel, though, they were the elastic-waisted stretchy all-over pants so there wasn't any pushing around the incision. Good thinking on your part...we lived 5 min. from the hospital too and I ended up discouraged that the smaller pants didn't fit, made DH go home to get the bigger ones, and that was a pretty crummy way to start my first day of "freedom"! Good luck!

cchavez
02-05-2003, 12:28 AM
So since the incision is pretty low the panels don't bother it right? Thanks for letting me know about the fluids.

darebear
02-05-2003, 12:53 AM
I wore home a pair of Old Navy capri sweats. They weren't maternity, but they were big and fit throughout the pregnancy. The incision is low, so the panel should not bother it.

Allison

twins r fun
02-05-2003, 01:07 AM
The fluid thing was definitely an issue for me, especially in the legs. I brought a pair of maternity jeans that I hadn't realy worn in a month or so and I figured they'd be fine. Well I managed to get them on (with no pain on the incision), but I couldn't sit very comfortably because they were so tight in the legs. And I really had trouble pulling my legs up to get my shoes and socks on!

Nicole

mspacman2
02-05-2003, 01:10 AM
I lived in high-wasted maternity jeans after my c-section. I got them at Kohl's - they were made of really lightweight, relaxed-fit denim and had a button belt so I could keep "taking it in" as my waist gradually shrank. Stretchy maternity leggings are good too. Walmart has them for really cheap.

If you don't have them already, get a supply of high-waisted "granny briefs". Bikini undies don't take kindly to incisions! (if you have the standard "bikini" incision) And of course make sure you have a good sized box of napkins on hand. Good luck!

abigailsmom
02-05-2003, 02:13 AM
I had an unexpected c-section and I was overjoyed to have a dress to go home in. I had lots of fluid to deal with, incision that was sore, and it was hot in August in Georgia. I used a dress that had the tie-string-things (that's got to be the worst description ever) that you use to tighten your dress around your mid-section. Anyways, it worked out well for the soreness, swelling, and heat to be in a casual dress.

egoldber
02-05-2003, 11:08 AM
I wore a dress home after my Csection and really like that. But I also wore maternity stuff with panels as soon as I got home and it was fine.

HTH,

Shirale
02-05-2003, 01:14 PM
Because my insicion was low i found that my regular maternity stuff was perfect. I also had a lot of swelling due to Preecplampsia, and it took a good couple of weeks before I was not swollen. Good luck!!

DagnyT
02-10-2003, 06:44 PM
I had a c-section in mid-Aug. '03. I wore a sundress, longish, loose fitting botton down the front, with brief style undies home. If you are worried about being to cool, have a sweater or light jacket on hand. I found that because my tummy was puffy it held the fabric away from the incision and the briefs were a much more comfortable fit than the bikini ones I wore prior to delivery which would have hit right on the spot! Try Motherhood Maternity- I bought a few dresses from them- the fabric wasn't great, but they wore well and were very comfortable- try a little closer to spring.

Good Luck!

DagnyT

DagnyT
02-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Sorry abut that, meant Aug '01!!

DagnyT