PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and worries on this final month...

natividad
02-10-2003, 05:35 AM
Well, I will be 37 weeks pregnant in two days and we are getting very excited! We have finished our childbirth education classes, including a breastfeeding class, which surprisingly, DH really enjoyed.

We are still working on our nursery and have gotten most of the baby stuff we needed. On my to do list for this coming week, is to start washing the baby's clothing. I was thinking to wash only items as needed - for example only the newborn and 0-3 months items, plus blankets, etc. I am planning on using All Free detergent - is this okay or is there a better option?

I am also thinking of preparing my hospital bag - just in case ;-)

These past few days have been really rough in that I literally live in our bathroom. I get up about every 30-40 minutes to go to the bathroom and that is preventing me from getting a full night's rest -very frustrating to say the least. I am also getting bad nosebleeds, although I had them constantly throughout my pregnancy.

I have also began to experience a lot of pressure and pain in my pelvic/groin area. Some of these sharp pains take my breath away at times. The other thing that happened this past week is that when my doctor measured my stomach he said I was measuring more like 34 weeks instead of 35. Although he told me not to worry, he suggested doing an ultrasound. I can't help but being a bit concerned about this. Also, he suggested that if the baby does not arrive by March 5th, he will not induce me if the baby continues to measure smaller, so he may let me go up to 41 weeks or even 42...oh well.

Do any of you experienced moms have any words of wisdom to send my way as I approach these final weeks? Any thoughts and suggestions are as always welcomed. Thanks!

Naty (March 03)

mcmorfit
02-10-2003, 08:35 AM
Naty,

Well, first congratulations on being so close. Your list to do this week looks good. I washed (in Tide) what we needed and then kept the tags on the larger sized items that have been given to us. I also took the hint from Baby Bargains, and turned everything inside out when I washed.

Though everyone carries their wee one differently, please be sure to rest when you experience the sharp pains. I'm sure you are telling your Dr. about them, but it is really important that you get your rest now. As far as when the wee one will arrive, try not to get discouraged. Talk to your Dr. and this board about your worries! We are also close to our date and each week go in with a list for our midwife, and each week we leave a little less worried and more comforted. This would also be a good time to contact a moms groups or a LLL in your area - the more prepared the better!

Pack those bags too, my DH and I did ours together, you never know what can happen. We also have been trying to play "speed dating" where we are going to movies, out with friends and generally preparing for a celebration.

Hang in there and best of luck in the upcoming weeks - just remember the reward at the end.

Ellen
EDD: 02/23/03

bnme
02-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Congrats- you are almost there!

I did the same thing you are thinking of, washed only the 0-3 and blankets/washcloths/burp cloths/etc. I used Ivory Snow, but I think anything is fine. Now I am working on the 3-6.

I was told at 36 weeks that I was "measuring small for date" (not sure how small). They then started doing ultrsounds weekly. They had thought the baby would be on the small side, I guess becuase I was small, but his estimated weight was always in the normal range. The most important thing is that there is enough fluid surrounding the baby -they measure this with the US. I guess if you are measuring small there is a possiblity that there isn't enough room for the baby and his growth is being restricted BUT it is also possible (and probably more likely) that you are just smaller than average and everything is fine.
My DS ended up being 7lbs14oz! So much for small -he was deliverd 10 days late and I was 4 days away from induction.

I would relax and not worry to much about this -get the US to help relieve any worries. Talk to your doctor about the other pains you have been having and try and get as much rest as possible!!! Plus, try and have some fun with your DH. Try not to spend every momment "waiting" for labor to start. I anticipated that I would be early so the last month of my pregnancy I was hesitant to make plans becuase I was sure the baby was coming -little did I know LOL
:)

Good Luck!!!

mama2be
02-10-2003, 09:59 AM
Naty,

I'm not an experienced mom but wanted to offer an excercise that I THINK helped me when I was hanging out in the bathroom all night pee'ing.

Steve said he saw this in a book during our child birth class that must have been passed around.

Get on all fours and thrust with your pelvis slowly about 10 times, almost like a cat arching its back but also thrust down wards. The few times I did it it did seem to work.

I can say I don't get up nearly as much anymore as I did several weeks ago (I don't think has anythig to do with the exercise I just think he's moved-I suspect if the exercise works it is for the "time being". I am due 2 weeks ahead of you, I assume he has moved some. Also my past 3 days have been my least pain days in the past several weeks...I felt pain everywhere but now really do feel bettter, again oculd be movement or getting use to it.

Get those bags pakced!!!! We've seen several of our friends here going early!!! real early!!!! That got my butt in gear!!!

Keep us posted!!!!

JMarie
02-10-2003, 12:30 PM
I agree - get packing! When I went into labor at 35 weeks, I had just about nothing packed - we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to throw everything together. Needless to say, many things were left at home - not necessities, exactly, but still things we needed. Next time, I will definitely be packed by the seventh month! Good luck!

JMarie
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

natividad
02-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Thank you all for your invaluable input! I will definitely get packing this week, yikes!

Naty (March 03)

natividad
02-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the tip and well wishes. I will try the exercise. Good luck to you too!

Naty (March 03)

mama2be
02-10-2003, 01:45 PM
NO not "this week"...NOW!!!! :):):)

Just joking!!!! :)
I hope the excercises work...I wouldn't be caught dead giving a demo of them!!!! :)

mcmorfit
02-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if we all made a video/dvd regarding the last 4 weeks? Moves to be included:

"The fool-proof pee-prevention move"
"How to shut the car door and still look like a lady"
"Abs of steel - oops, I mean Braxton Hicks, make them work for YOU"

I'm telling you it might sell like hot cakes.

Ellen

mama2be
02-10-2003, 02:55 PM
How about how to get out of the car and look like a lady...I'm sure more people than not got a nice crotch shot of me trying that :)....

The pee prevention one is hoot...I got tired of doing it (lazy) and steve would have to do it beside me to mtoivate me to do it...he would count down 1-2-3...