PDA

View Full Version : question re: second pregnancy

simplemama
02-10-2003, 05:00 PM
i'm pregnant for the second time and am trying to plan my wardrobe. i'm doing this now since most of winter stuff is already on sale and will probably be unavailable when i might still need it in march, april, maybe even early may.

i was trying to remember how big i was at which month, then remembered some women telling me that for second pregnancy and on, you get bigger faster. so how big i was in the third month last time is probably not a good indicator of how big i will be this time around the same phase of pregnancy; i most likely will be bigger.

is that true with everyone?

CherylT
02-10-2003, 06:06 PM
I actually got bigger much slower and never got as big as I was with the first. I think it is because of the 2 year difference in my case, spending all that time chasing after a toddler prevents as much of a weight gain!! Good luck to you!!

Cheryl (aka CT)
SAHM to Lilli 9/20/00 & Alec 10/21/02

sweetbasil
02-10-2003, 10:17 PM
SO FAR...(I'm 21-ish weeks pg.) the tummy "muscles" (let me just call them that, and enjoy my little imagination!) remembered how to stretch and did so much more quickly this time that with Kellen, so I was showing sooner. But for getting bigger, I've found three things I think are true:
1) I've got a better understanding of how to keep myself from gaining as much weight this time
2) My body realized things (my butt, hips, thighs....) don't HAVE to get as big as they did last time- ha! :)
3) Chasing a two-year old around all day definitely counts for exercise

I've gained half as much weight with this little guy as I had with Kellen, at this point, so I call that a real victory!

On a wardrobe note, I've found TONS of GREAT deals on eBay for new clothes- I'm buying more Gap Maternity (their waistbands have buttonholes that allow the waistband to grow with you) and cute things since I'm pregnant in totally different seasons this time....

Best wishes to you!

trumansmom
02-11-2003, 11:53 AM
I'm going through the exact same thing right now. However, even though I'm only 5 and a half weeks, I look 5 months. I've been in maternity pants for a week already. Which is kind of weird, since I've been losing weight because of queasiness. And last time it was my legs and breasts that got huge early, and this time it's just my stomach so far.

I had a panicky afternoon yesterday when I decided I must be having quads! I spent all afternoon researching multiples. I've calmed down today and have decided I just got big early. :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01
EDD 10/10/03