PDA

View Full Version : sesame place and other amusement parks

kirstensmom
02-11-2003, 02:05 PM
Is Sesame Place in N.J. a good amusement park to take an 11th month old? Are there age appropriate rides/attractions there? I'm looking for some places to take my DD this summer within driving distance of long island, n.y. Any other ideas or information based on your experiences would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

darebear
02-11-2003, 02:28 PM
I took my DS to Sesame Place last summer just before he turned 2. Alot of the attractions are geared towards kids who are walking. There are water attractions, if she likes the water. They do have the characters around if she likes Elmo, etc. Personally I would recommend waiting until next summer to do that. We are also on Long Isand and each summer around his birthday we take a driving trip. This summer we are going to Hershey Park. The summer when he turned one we went to Washington DC and went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore and to the different museums in DC and he loved it.

Have you taken her to Advenuteland? We had DS birthday there last summer and the kids had a blast. They have a kiddie section with I would say 10 rides and they let you go on with them.

Allison

kirstensmom
02-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the info. We will consider Adventureland when the weather gets nicer. My dd is only 5 1/2 months old now. Just thinking ahead. We would also like to do a driving trip so we considered sesame place and hershey park but I guess she may be too young this summer to really enjoy it. Any other places to take 10/11 month old for day trip??

darebear
02-11-2003, 03:05 PM
For day trips we have gone to the Bronx zoo or Coney Island, the Brooklyn Aquarium is there. Up at Rye Playland they have rides, a beach and boarwalk. For day trips we have also gone to Sunken Meadow Park and the beach is there and they also have playgrounds. Sesame Place is far(I think) for a one day trip. We live in Nassau county and hit no traffic(except at the toll booths) but it still took up just over 2 1/2 hours. I'll keep thinking of some other things we have done .

Allison

cara1
02-11-2003, 03:40 PM
I think your dd is too young for these, but there is the LI Children's Museum & the Cradle of Aviation museum, both in Garden City.