PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need middle name suggestions for Mia and Isabella . . .

marinkitty
02-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone! I'm enlisting you to help us with our ongoing girl name issues! We have had a boy's name picked out for months but cannot seem to get there with the girls. Baby is due in 4 weeks and I'm starting to worry that if we have a girl she won't have a name!

Our current (though ever-changing) list of girl names includes the following:

1. Mia
2. Isabella
3. Riley Kate
4. Delaney Cate
5. Olivia Arden (or Jane) - DH doesn't really like this one though.

We both agree that we like Mia and Isabella, but cannot figure out what middle names would go well with them. We have a one syllable last name.

Opinions on the names also welcome!

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Holly (due 3/12 with baby #1)

cara1
02-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Sometimes it helps to also match it up with your last name.
While reading your post, a certain name just jumped into my head. I can't shake it out. Hope you agree, this is what it should be:
Isabella Rose
:)
With a lovely name like Isabella, I would try for a one-syllable middle name.

DDowning
02-13-2003, 05:43 PM
Isabella Rose is the name of the little 2yo girl across the street, she's just the most precious little girl. They nicknamed her "Bella".

mama2be
02-13-2003, 05:44 PM
I like a combo of two of your names Isabella Riley :)...

It's a mixture of a fem and masculine name but I like it :)...

I love the name Isabella!!!

gour0
02-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Here's a few that sounded good to me:
Catrin
Justine
Lucille
Lorraine
Marie
Nicole
Therese
Yasmin

I used the baby namer at Babycenter.com

http://www.babycenter.com/babyname/

If you could give us a hint on her last initial that might help. :)

marinkitty
02-13-2003, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far - our last name is Hales, if that helps too!!!

Holly

gour0
02-13-2003, 06:35 PM
Have you thought about combining Mia with Isabella?

I also like Mia Alexandra.

marinkitty
02-13-2003, 06:51 PM
I suggested the Mia Isabella combo to my husband and he nixed it - thought the "ia ella" sounds did not go well together. I like Mia Alexandra, good suggestion! (And, I have DH on the phone and he likes it too - we may have a winner!)

marinkitty
02-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Thanks - I do like it, but three of my closest friends have a Sophie Rose, a Hailey Rose and an Emma Rose. So I feel like it is too common in our group of friends! Seems like Rose is the new Ann or Lyn from our generation!

ddmarsh
02-13-2003, 07:13 PM
My sister is having a girl in 5 weeks and is going to call her Mia Kathleen or Mia Lucile - both sound good IMO.

Good luck -

Debbie

egoldber
02-13-2003, 09:28 PM
I like:

Mia Isabelle
Isabella Kate
Mia Delaney

I think it is good to balance a multi-syllable name with a one syllable name. They are all pretty!

Good luck!

atlbaby
02-13-2003, 09:57 PM
I think Isabella Rose sounds beautiful (I'm named for my grandmother Rose so I'm a little partial but still...) and Mia Alexandra is very pretty too.

But I'm wondering what boys names you have chosen? I have a huge list of girls names (I can have at least 10 girls! :) ) but am always struggling to come up with boys names so I'd love to hear your picks if you don't mind!

And btw, I'm going to add your own name to my list now, it's so pretty! :)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

nohomama
02-13-2003, 10:23 PM
How about Grace as a middle name for either? Mia Grace or Isabella Grace both sound lovely I think.

abigailsmom
02-14-2003, 03:01 AM
Maybe... if you went with Isabelle instead of Isabella... Isabelle Marie. That was my #1 choice, but DH 86-ed that and we went w/ Abigail Marie.
HTH

mama2be
02-14-2003, 06:26 AM
I don't know what your user name Marin came from...maybe you are in California...but Isabella Marin I think is pretty!!!

Rachels
02-14-2003, 11:31 AM
I agree!!!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

marinkitty
02-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Thanks! Marin is the name of one of our cats - so can't be used for our baby!!! LOL!

marinkitty
02-14-2003, 02:06 PM
Rachel -

Our boy name is Jack (or Jackson, we are still deciding which to go with) and I think the middle name will be Robert after my grandfather. Our other name was Samuel David or Samuel Archer, but my husband definitely prefers Jack! He has been stuck on that since day 1. Because Jack was always the front runner we never had a long list. Good luck with yours!

Holly

mama2be
02-14-2003, 04:27 PM
DWATS...I do think that Grace was pretty too...:)

mary b
02-14-2003, 09:43 PM
A friend of mine just had a Isabella Grace and they are going to call her Bella. I agree with the others, I love the sound of Isabella and Grace together.

Mary