PDA

View Full Version : So here's a weird thing...

Rachels
02-13-2003, 09:07 PM
This is going to make you laugh because it's such a weird question to be asking, but we have an odd new phenomenon taking place around here. I'm curious what you think. Lately when I nurse Abby to sleep, her nose sweats. Copiously. Just her nose. WHY? It doesn't happen for other nursings, doesn't matter what either of us is wearing, etc. It's so weird! So, uh, what's up with that?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

spu
02-14-2003, 11:16 AM
That's kind of cute! Else and Charlotte both sweat like crazy when I nurse them to sleep - but it's just their heads. My forearm gets all sweaty from holding them. This morning, there was a big spot on my pillow from Else's head!

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

newbelly2002
02-14-2003, 01:11 PM
That IS cute. Just her nose? I'm can't even begin to imagine what would cause that unless her nose is buried in tightly against you maybe?

Dante doesn't sweat, that I have noticed (of course, now I'll be looking), but he has started something strange. When I hold him, he lunges consistently for my chin--sometimes grabbing my cheeks (kid has quite a grip!) and/or the hair nearest to the skull--shoves it into his mouth and vigorously sucks/gums it as if I had suddenly sprung a third boob.

I hesitate to ask, since it seems quite strange to me, but has anyone else had this?

Paula

juliasdad
02-14-2003, 01:16 PM
Julia does the same thing Dante does; especially when she's hungry, but if the mood strikes her she'll do it just because. Chin, cheeks, boobs... it's all good, according to her.

-dan

mamahill
02-14-2003, 02:48 PM
Ainsleigh does that! I have no idea why, but it just melts my heart to look at her all sleepy, sucking away, relaxed, with tiny beads of sweat speckling her nose. And she also lunges for my nose or jaw or chin and latches on. I've had a couple "wounds" from her teeth on my jaw line, and a small (oh so lovely) hickey on my chin (when I didn't realize how fast those suckers can show up! how embarassing). She has since turned those lunges into "kisses." They're not quite as agressive/scarring. So here's hoping Dante and Julia will tame it down a bit!