PDA

View Full Version : Mattress - Sleep Problems

mair5091
02-14-2003, 09:32 PM
Help! I have 6 month old twins and I am having a hard time getting them in their cribs. They have been congested since they were born and the dr kept telling me "Let them sleep in their carseats." Boy was that bad advice! Now they won't sleep in their cribs. I work full-time and have them in daycare. They just got them to start sleeping in their cribs at daycare but the mattresses in the cribs at Daycare are soft and I have Colgate foam mattresses in their cribs at home which are as hard as sleeping on a hradwood floor. Can anyone give me any advice?

August Mom
02-15-2003, 01:28 PM
My only thought is to angle the mattress at the head of the bed. Perhaps the would be more like sleeping in a car seat to them because their heads would be up slightly. If it's truly a firmness issue, that doesn't help. It might be worth a try.

Karenn
02-15-2003, 10:47 PM
Have you tried having them sleep in their carseats in their cribs? That might make them a little more comfortable with the surroundings, and then make the transition to crib a little easier. Sorry, that's all I can think of!

mair5091
02-16-2003, 12:49 PM
Thanks for your suggestions but I tried both of them. We put the wedge in to raise the mattress and that didn't work and we have them in the carseats in their crib. I think it's the firm mattress. HELP!!!!!!

Momof3Labs
02-16-2003, 07:12 PM
I'm actually concerned that your daycare is putting them to sleep on soft mattresses - don't they know about the risk of SIDS?? That's the reason that crib mattresses are so firm nowadays.

I wish I had another suggestion for you - but just keep trying, one day they might just sleep in the crib and the car seat days will be over.