PDA

View Full Version : GOOD LUCK TOMMY

cara1
02-15-2003, 05:22 AM
Just wanted to start this thread early, but we wish you and Tommy (and your DH) the best of luck for Monday. We're all rooting for the little guy!

COElizabeth
02-15-2003, 03:11 PM
Yes, best wishes to all of you for a successful and smooth surgery and recovery! I may have missed this, but are they going with implants or contacts?

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

nigele
02-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Thanks so much! We may have to head out to a hotel near the hospital for the next two nights due to an impending ice storm...

Thomas is getting an implant but will still have to wear glasses since the implant will only be able to focus close-up. We have a rough couple of weeks/months/years ahead of us with all the eye appointments, eye drops, patching, etc. but it is so nice to know we have support and friendship - it means the world to us!

mama2be
02-15-2003, 08:27 PM
Drive carefully if you need us call me :)...We are not far from Duke and have an SUV (if wether challanges us) so we could be there if you need something!!!

He is going to be the model patient I know!!!!

nigele
02-15-2003, 09:12 PM
WOW - thanks, Neve. Hopefully, we will get there okay. It's just a matter of timing it around when tonight's sleet ends and when tomorrow's starts! (Does that make sense?)

mama2be
02-16-2003, 11:36 PM
I just wanted to update everyone on Lisa, Simon and Tommy. Due to the ice storm that is hitting us here in Raleigh they left and checked into a hotel right near Duke Medical Center. They won't have access to emails or the board so i wanted to let eveyone know they made it there safely. Her DH, Simon, called and I asked how is Lisa holding up and he sounded like they were both motivated to get this over with and agressively get Thomas back to his normal self...so i think she sounds better and in her survival mode!!! I was glad to hear that.

In the event they are not back tomorrow and she calls me I will keep you all posted if they call me...

etwahl
02-16-2003, 11:38 PM
I'm glad they made it to the hotel. It sounds like even with the storm, everything should hopefully go as planned. Glad they were able to contact you and let everyone know they were okay.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

Shirale
02-17-2003, 02:54 PM
Good Luck Tommy and Lisa!!! I hope all went well today and wish you a very speedy recovery...we're thinking of you!!!

Rachels
02-17-2003, 09:20 PM
You've been on my mind all day! Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Annette_C
02-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the update, Neve.
I've been thinking of Lisa and Tommy also and I hope and pray that all went well.

Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

nathansmom
02-17-2003, 10:18 PM
Good luck Lisa and Tommy, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

sweetbasil
02-18-2003, 12:12 AM
Neve,
I'm on the edge of my seat here- so glad they made it last night, and hope that the weather is good enough for them to make it home by tomorrow...I imagine it'd be even tougher to try and recover AWAY from home, routines, etc.

Tommy, Lisa, and Simon, you're in our prayers!

newbelly2002
02-18-2003, 01:50 AM
Thinking of you guys. . .

And hoping everyone is tucked up at home, warm and cozy.
Paula

mamahill
02-18-2003, 01:31 PM
Thinking of you, Lisa, Simon and Tommy, and hoping all is well...

jojo2324
02-18-2003, 01:46 PM
Big hugs to the three of you!!! Especially little Tom Tom! I hope everything went well and you are all home soon, comfy and warm!

mama2be
02-18-2003, 03:23 PM
DWATS!!!

I've heard from Lisa twice today but both times real briefly. She has asked me to post for her "because she can't log on"...I am not certain if she is having computer problems or needs to keep her "phone line/comp line" cleared because they're awaiting the DR to call her.

Unfortuantly Thomas did not have the surgery...I will post her two emails to me so that I don't misinform you all...

THIS IS HER FIRST!!!!...note we were in the ice storm for those who are wondering why the DR might have beens tuck out of town...

You wouldn't believe it - the doctor was stuck out of town and we found out
at 6:00 a.m. Monday.

Arghhhhhhhh....

I'm waiting for them to call back to find out when we can reschedule. Will
write more later

THIS IS THE SECOND!!!!

His eye is getting worse and I am so anxious to get this done. It drifts
out more frequently and now you can see the cataract with a naked eye. It
just kills me to see it. Sunday, I was so positive about the surgery,
instead of feeling sorry for Thomas, I kept thinking he will finally be able
to see out of that eye and the surgery was a good thing. It was such a blow
to us to have it cancelled. I'm waiting for the hospital to call back with
a new date - I'm sure they'll be backed up for a while and I hope we will be
seen as a priority.

Could you please post on the boards for me - I can't get on. Just to let
everyone know the surgery had to be rescheduled.

I'll keep you all posted in the even I hear more and she is unable to notify everyone!!!

juliasdad
02-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Shoot.

Thanks for keeping everyone posted, Neve... good vibes still headed down that way for Tommy and all.

-dan

sweetbasil
02-18-2003, 03:55 PM
Bless their hearts. Hope little Tommy's eye is TOP PRIORITY around that hospital, and SOON! Thanks, Neve, for the update!

COElizabeth
02-18-2003, 04:38 PM
Oh, how *!@# frustrating! Fortunately, at least Tommy isn't old enough to be frustrated by the delay. And I'm sure the snowstorm delay will make a great story some day, but still... I hope the surgery gets done soon!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

atlbaby
02-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Oh that stinks!! I really hope that Tommy is put on a priority schedule and that he can get the surgery done ASAP!!

Thanks for keeping us updated, Neve. Please let Lisa know that we are all keeping Tommy and his family in our thoughts and prayers!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01