PDA

View Full Version : anyone in the east want to send me some snow

nathansmom
02-17-2003, 10:20 PM
After watching the news and seeing how much snow the east is getting I was wondering if theres anyway you'd like to share. We have barely had any snow here in Utah and I really am not looking forward to the 9th year of drought conditions during the summer. If theres anyway you could send us at least half of your snowfall we'd appreciate it.

kfcboston
02-17-2003, 10:53 PM
My in-laws in Montana are saying the same thing!! It's the rare year that New England's skiing is looking competitive with, if not better than, the Rockies!! We getting buried here in the Boston area - started at 8am and still shows no sign of letting up. Should end up with at least 2 feet here at my house. While I don't think I can send you any, maybe I can come up with some snow equivalent of a rain dance for you!

Katie
EDD w/ #1 - 3/7/03

Annette_C
02-17-2003, 11:24 PM
Norah,
I'll gladly send you the 2' of snow we got here in CT! My driveway alone can satisfy your wishes!
It began snowing at around 2 am here and it hasn't stopped yet!
TG we're a family of SUVs or we would never see civilization again!
We did have a couple of very dry summers in a row, though, so, I guess, we should be grateful (but do we have to get it all at once?!?).

Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

Rachels
02-17-2003, 11:29 PM
OMG, yes, take it! Take it all. We're getting another 2 feet tonight and had 16 inches a week or so ago. Add in the fact that we've broken 30 degrees once or twice in the last month, and I'm ready to move somewhere warmer. The Virgin Islands spring to mind. I'm so tired of being housebound with my infant. Have some snow. Come over right now. I will have it packed and waiting when you get here.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

atlbaby
02-17-2003, 11:34 PM
Norah,
I think if you take all of our offers you'll have snow to your heart's content! I hate winter so much, I start looking towards Spring before it begins! And that's during years when we don't get any here in NJ!! After the first snowfall in December I'd had my fill!! So I'd be more than happy to share...

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

sweetbasil
02-18-2003, 12:09 AM
We're thinking of you all as we see the latest reports of snow storms hitting the east coast, hoping you're all warm and safe in your houses. Maybe you'll get a REALLY nice summer, since it's been such a crummy winter. I've heard that the weather phenomenon bringing this along will have a mild summer...we'll hope!

Warm thoughts from Texas,

mharling
02-18-2003, 12:11 AM
I wouldn't mind getting some either! I live in Chicago and we are certainly not living up to our normal winter expectations. All of the recent major storms have skirted around us and I have to say I miss it.

Although, dh is in Boston on business right now and wishing he had stayed home!

Mary
EDD 4/5/03

COElizabeth
02-18-2003, 09:32 AM
Norah,

My DH and our sled dog are with you. They are both disgusted with the lack of snow in CO. The continuing drought is so bad one suburb has already banned planting vegetable gardens this year!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

mcmorfit
02-18-2003, 12:47 PM
Norah,

I was born and raised in Idaho and Jackson Hole, so the blizzard that hit NYC was just like being back West - when they had blizzards. My parents are golfing which just seems crazy to me. Idaho golfing in February?

Yesterday DH and I were hoping above hope that the wee one wanted to stay in another day (we are due on Sunday). We were imagining being stranded on a road and having to give birth in the back of the Honda -which is very funny becasue just getting into and out of the car is a feat in itself, I can't imagine labor.

So yes, we have a TON of snow and I hope that the West gets some mositure in any form because you need it.

Ellen
EDD: 02/23/03

celfsh
02-18-2003, 01:22 PM
Norah:

Glad to hear from a fellow Utahan on these boards. Now I'm feeling guilty for enjoying the gorgeous weather we've been having...

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

jojo2324
02-18-2003, 01:56 PM
My goodness, come on over!! I think that we're at about two feet, though some parts of my deck are definitely three feet.

DH is currently in the driveway being all manly like, shouting orders at me to "REVERSE!!! STOP!!! FORWARD!!! GO!! STOP!!! OKAY! GO!!" Conveniently he has this really nice (faux) rabbit lined hat that drowns out the various commands. And it is so deliciously warm, I have taken to wearing it around the house too.

Now he is about to get into a fight with our not-too-nice neighbor. Apparently Shawn parked our car a little bit in the hole the neighbor had made in the snow for *his* car. I have no idea...So he's out there digging holes. Thing is, the neighbor took it upon himself to park in the narrow cul-de-sac that we all use, not *his* driveway, so now we can't get out at all... x( Aah, but it is pretty! :D:D:D

Rachels
02-18-2003, 02:10 PM
We can't get out, either. I've been looking out the window, watching the plow create a six-foot pile of what looks to be completely impenetrable snow right at the foot of our driveway (not that you can SEE the driveway, but it's there)! I think we're probably going to be stuck forever. I WANNA GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!!!!! I want an all-terrain stroller and some freakin' warm weather and some reasonable food and a good night's sleep and and and and and and and and.....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Rowfff. Grrrrrrrrr.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nathansmom
02-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks for all the offers of snow. We could use all of the snow you guys have received. Today my dh is going out to do yard work (in shorts). I really should say I am the first to complain when it snows, I hate to drive in it. I guess I should just get use to brown grass and forget about the flower gardens. All of you on the east will have to send pictures so I don't forget what they look like.

nohomama
02-18-2003, 02:20 PM
Rachel,

You may get your wish for warm weather sooner than you'd like. The western part of the state is forecast to be in the 40s by tomorrow. Around here it's going to make an absolute MESS! At least yesterday and today the snow was/is white and fluffy and not too much of a back breaker to shovel. Tomorrow it's going to be grey, wet, slushy, and heavy. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! I know it's only February but where is Spring?!?!

nathansmom
02-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Celeste- What part of Utah are you in? I live right outside Hill Air force Base.

celfsh
02-18-2003, 03:22 PM
I grew up in the Sandy area and currently live in Provo. What about you? Did you grow up here? BTW, congrats on your new little guy! Hope things are going well so far.

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

nathansmom
02-18-2003, 06:43 PM
You live in happy valley, we will have to get together some time. My dh goes to Provo sometimes to referee hockey or maybe we could meet in the middle. I was born outside of Pittsburgh and lived there till I was 3 years old. Almost all of my relatives still live there. After Pittsburgh we moved to New Mexico and lived there till I was 7 or 8, then we moved to Bountiful. I lived there till I was 21 and moved to Odgen and now that I am married we live in Clearfield.
The little guy is doing very well. I find it hard to believe he spent 5 days in the NICU. We took him back for a visit yesterday and the nurses said he looked much better. I guess he just wanted to actually see his mother.

celfsh
02-18-2003, 08:15 PM
I am so glad Nathan is doing better. I didn't get on the boards much for a couple of weeks, so I didn't know that he had had such a difficult first couple of days. I'm sure things will be much better now that the two of you are home together.

Yes, I live in "Happy Valley" as they say. We definitely should get together once you're ready to be out and about. I'm glad to know I have a buddy in the area--if I spot any can't-pass-it-up deals on baby stuff, I'll be sure to let you know!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02