PDA

View Full Version : Thomas is now scheduled for surgery on Friday

nigele
02-19-2003, 11:09 PM
The hospital has rescheduled Thomas's eye surgery for Friday. My doctor has been trying all week to get a sooner O.R. date but that is all that is available. I was originally told that they cancelled on Monday because the doctor was stuck out of town but have learned that Duke cancelled all outpatient surgeries due to the bad weather. (We had a bad ice storm.) LONG story, but the nurse we saw at the Pre-op appointment last Friday told me we should stay in a hotel Sunday to make sure we made it to the surgery Monday, since the weather was going to be bad and we and that the hospital would NOT cancel surgeries. Of course, we took her advice and had a nightmare time!

I want to let everyone know that your kind messages are really helping me to cope with this. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your support - you are such great friends!!

mamahill
02-19-2003, 11:38 PM
Best wishes on Friday. I'll be thinking of you and Tom Tom. Hang in there lady - you are a real trooper!

Karenn
02-20-2003, 12:06 AM
I'm sorry it didn't work right! Even all the way over here on the West coast I saw on the news that they were cancelling surgeries and was really hoping they didn't cancel yours! Hang in there!

Annette_C
02-20-2003, 01:00 AM
Lisa,
I can't believe they did that to you! I HATE it when they say one thing and do another! I'm sorry you had to go through that....as if you guys haven't been through enough already! I hope all goes well on Friday. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your DH and Tommy.
Warm hugs,
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

atlbaby
02-20-2003, 11:29 AM
Good Luck tomorrow! (finally!!) I'm sure it has been such a nightmare, and then having the surgery pushed off is so terribly unfortunate.

Sending best wishes and good luck,

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

kathsmom
02-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Lisa,

I am so sorry that you and your family have been through all this mess. It seems like when it rains, it pours (in this case it poured ice!).

I am glad you were able to reschedule for this week. I just wanted to let you know that my family and I are thinking of you all this week, especially tomorrow.

Please take care and let us know if there is anything we can do!

Big hugs and kisses to Thomas!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

twins r fun
02-21-2003, 02:08 PM
Lisa,

Have been thinking of you guys all week and keeping up with the saga (just didn't get a chance to post). Hope all is going well today.

Nicole

sweetbasil
02-21-2003, 03:41 PM
Lisa~
Just a quick note to let you know we're still thinking about you guys and praying for a successful surgery for Thomas today. Hopefully the weather won't be a factor this time, and we'll get to see a picture of Tommy in some sweet little glasses soon!

Hugs,