PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the arrival.....

himom
02-26-2003, 06:45 AM
Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know that Joshua Keoni made his appearance on February 8! He's an amazing, wonderful baby and we are so happy to have him finally here.

Our entire hospital experience (including L&D)was so much smoother and easier than I had anticipated. I went in to the hospital armed with all the stories and advice from this wonderful online community and I know it made a big difference in how everything went. It was so helpful to remember all of you and your experiences. Even the nurses and doctors commented that I did very well....asked all the right questions, always knew what was going on, and was in good control of the situation. I also managed to head off some potential problems with Joshua's care (re: Hep B testing, circumcision, etc).

The credit for this goes to all of you, so THANK YOU!

I'd have posted this sooner, but my little angel has yet to establish any kind of sleep pattern and I've been floating in a zombie-like state for the past two weeks.

Thanks again (and Joshua thanks you too!)
Jodi

COElizabeth
02-26-2003, 08:48 AM
Congratulations! And welcome, Joshua!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

newbelly2002
02-26-2003, 10:01 AM
Congrats and glad to hear everything went smoothly.

Welcome to the World Baby Joshua!

Paula

jojo2324
02-26-2003, 10:20 AM
Congratulations!! Welcome to baby Joshua!

ddmarsh
02-26-2003, 10:28 AM
Congratulations to you and Joshua - sounds like it was a great birth experience!

Debbie

Annette_C
02-26-2003, 10:31 AM
Congratulations Jodi and Welcome to Joshua!
Glad to hear all went well with L&D and that Joshua is doing great.
Good luck and get some rest (easier said than done, right?!?).
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

Rachels
02-26-2003, 10:33 AM
Welcome,Joshua! Wonderful news!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mcmorfit
02-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Congratulations Jodi and welcome to the world Joshua! Keoni is a really great middle name - is it a family name?

Ellen
EDD: soon

jubilee
02-26-2003, 11:20 AM
Wonderful! Congratulations!! Isn't this board great in helping us out? All the best to you and your new little one,

atlbaby
02-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Congratulations to you and your entire family! Welcome Joshua! :)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

Andrea S
02-26-2003, 12:04 PM
Congratulations and welcome baby Joshua.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

Hallie_D
02-26-2003, 12:17 PM
Congratulations! Welcome to the world, Joshua!

sntm
02-26-2003, 01:28 PM
Congratulations Jodi! And welcome to baby Joshua. Hope everything settles in soon. Glad to have you back with us.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

mamahill
02-26-2003, 01:39 PM
Congratulations and Welcom Joshua! Hope you get the rest you deserve!

himom
02-26-2003, 01:53 PM
>Congratulations Jodi and welcome to the world Joshua! Keoni
>is a really great middle name - is it a family name?
>
>Ellen
>EDD: soon

There's actually a bit of a story behind this one.....

I wanted to give the baby some kind of family name connection and I also wanted him to have a Hawaiian name so he had at least a little heritage. I suggested we consider either Jacob or John (my brother and my Dad's names), or use my brother's middle name (Keonaona). DH vetoed Keonaona because he claims it's too hard to pronounce. Then he vetoed both John & Jacob because they are "too common." (I think Joshua is just as common but he fell in love with it and wouldn't budge, so...)

Once Joshua was settled on, I got to pick the middle name. I still wanted the family connection, so I went digging through Hawaiian name dictionaries translating family names into Hawaiian to see how they sounded. "John" translates to "Keoni." Jay (DH) can pronounce it & it sounded nice, so it was a winner!

Our last name is Japanese, so Josh now has a multi-ethnic designation which hopefully is unique. When I was growing up there was a girl with my exact name and it always bugged me, so I was trying to avoid it with DS.

--Jodi

sweetbasil
02-27-2003, 12:44 PM
So happy for you three...congratulations, Jodi!

mama2be
02-27-2003, 01:08 PM
Welcome to this world Joshua!!!!
Tristan wants to know if you can come over and play!!!

Congrats to you Jodi and family!!!]
Hugs!!!

KimberleyDawn
02-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Congratulations Jodi!!! I agree 100% about the ladies/ gents on this this board being great and I'm glad that you had a safe L&D.
Hugs from a fellow Feb. 2003 Mom,
Kim

todzwife
02-27-2003, 09:40 PM
Wow! Congrats!
Shandelle