PDA

View Full Version : San Diego vacation spot?

KM
02-26-2003, 01:18 PM
OK, this has little to do with babies, but i need to plan a vacation...we havent had one since our son was born in January 2001, and now we've got two children, so we all deserve a little get away!

My husband and i visited San Diego (I guess technically we stayed on Coranado Island, but bummed around San Diego quite a bit) before kids but now we have a different perspective of course!!

I'd love to rent something (a home, condo, townhome, etc) with a kitchen and on or VERY close to the beach, in a family friendly area, an off the street parking space (we will be driving from Phoenix). Before kids, i made all the vacation plans, but Im not sure how to approach vacation planning in this new way. How does one start such a search? Ive looked a bit at the Travelingwithkids website and didnt find much that was useful.

There's lots of stuff on the internet, but when renting a home how do you know who is reputable (I always picked resorts with great reputations in the past, that information was quite easy to find)

So, if anyone has any suggestions on agencies to use, or if you know a lot about the SD area and can point me to something specific, that would be great.

I wish you all a well deserved vacation in the near future! TIA

etwahl
02-26-2003, 02:08 PM
Hi there. I live in San Diego, and I can say without a doubt that it is an excellent vacation spot. There is so much to do and see. With that said, I just emailed my old boss (real estate office) to see if they can recommend any vacation rental agencies, specifically beach rentals.

I'll post again as soon as I get a response from them. Also, let me know if you have any specific questions about San Diego. You might want to check out the Web site www.signonsandiego.com - has a lot of information about everything, and great information and recommendations on stuff like restaurants, entertainment, etc.

It will be a great vacation. I love this city!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

Tondi G
02-26-2003, 10:40 PM
Try this site Sandiego.org Here is link to sites they recommend for vacation rentals! Good Luck!http://www.sandiego.org/member_directory.asp?PROFDESCID=848

~Tondi

etwahl
02-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Here at the two companies my old real estate company recommended. Hope this helps! Good luck :)

Penny Realty (858) 272-3900
Handle lots of Beach Rentals for La Jolla, Mission Beach, and Pacific Beach

Carincross Realty (858) 490-1450 or www.carinx.com
Handle lots of beach rentals in Ocean Beach, Pacific Beach, and Mission Beach

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!