PDA

View Full Version : Gift for sibling

Andrea S
02-27-2003, 07:37 PM
I want to send a gift to friends that just had a baby and I wanted to send something for their other child as well. He is almost 3 yo. I thought about a book. Any suggestions for a book for 3 yo or other gift???

Andrea

brubeck
02-27-2003, 08:06 PM
When my son was born, I had a small bag of 'gifts' for my 2 year old daughter so she could have something whenever I got a gift for the baby. Frankly, it didn't matter what the item was, just that she could unwrap it and that it was for her.

A book is great, especially if the child loves books, but another thing you could try is a portable Etch-A-Sketch. They have small-sized ones that are about $6 at Target and are a life-saver in the car because the pen cannot get lost and won't draw on anything else. You coudl also try a small amount of candy (too much and Mom won't be happy) or a puzzle. My daughter loved sunglasses as well. Washable crayons and a coloring book would work too.

parkersmama
02-27-2003, 08:13 PM
A lot of it would depend on what the 3yo is into. Both my boys absolutely LOVE the plastic animals that you can buy at TRU. They are from the Discovery Channel and are available in all varieties, sizes, and price ranges. I'm telling you, they play with them nonstop and we have reptiles, forest animals, farm animals, dinosaurs, dogs, and more!

Another big hit with my kids is toy cars. Particularly Hot Wheels cars. Several of those with a small carrying case is a good gift. We also love the travel size Magna Doodles...hours of endless drawing. Crayloa Wonder markers & coloring book are good, too. The markers ONLY write on those particular pages so no mess!

HTH!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003