PDA

View Full Version : Molars

Karenn
02-27-2003, 07:38 PM
I know that teeth can be kind of unpredictable, but does anyone know which molars, top or bottom, tend to come first? Colin was screaming like he's never screamed before earlier today with his fist in his mouth and has been biting things more frequently too. I know he's only 8 mos., and it's kind of early, but he's been an early teether all along. He's had 8 teeth for a while now and the books say molars are next, so I was just wondering where to look for new teeth. (And feeling really thankful for the recent thread about relieving teething pain in case that's it!)

Thanks!

atlbaby
02-27-2003, 07:48 PM
Well, Arielle didn't cut her first tooth till nearly 11 months, and now she only has 4 on top and 2 on bottom--plus her top right molar is *beginning* to come down. It's situated way way back--looks like she could fit more than 2 more teeth in between the molar and the lateral incisor (I think that's what it's called?). But the tooth chart I have says there should be only 2 more in between? Anyhow, it does sound like he's an early teether, and if he's in pain and chewing on his fist I would say it's teething!

I hope some of the remedies people were so helpful in suggesting can help Colin! Arielle is so not herself--she's sleeping at night alright the past 2 nights (now watch, tonight she won't!) but daytime sleep is VERY poor :( I bought the Hyland's teething tablets (couldn't find gel) and will try that tonight along with Motrin!

Let us know how he's doing!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

JulieL
03-01-2003, 02:24 PM
I too any curious about this. My DS has sucked his thumb almost raw. I keep moisterizing it so it won't dry and crack. Though no molars yet. I posted this question elsewhere but how long do they take to come in??? My DS got 8 teeth between 4 months and 6 1/2 months. So I know the molars are coming. I hope more people post there thoughts.

-JulieL
mama to Anthony 3/23/02