PDA

View Full Version : How do you store your keepsakes that don't fit in a baby book?

COElizabeth
02-27-2003, 10:02 PM
I have a traditional baby book for James (footprints, birth certificate copy, family tree, etc.), and I have most of his photos in an album, but I am not sure what to do with some other keepsakes. Specifically, I have all the cards I received when I was expecting, from showers, and from baby congratulations. I don't want to throw any away right now, but there are too many to glue in a scrapbook. I guess I could, but it would be bulky, and I may decide later on that I could part with some of them, so I would rather they be "loose." I may just do a plastic box, but I was wondering if anyone has any better ideas. I am also thinking ahead to artwork, etc.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

egoldber
02-27-2003, 10:10 PM
I have the John Lennon Baby Book and it has a "keepsake box" in the same line. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000056J68/ref=pd_sim_na_1/104-3750569-6449535?v=glance&s=baby

Many baby books have accompanying boxes to hold just the kind of things you are talking about.

HTH,

Andrea S
02-27-2003, 10:14 PM
I have a hat box that I have all the cards and stuff in. For the artwork my sister got a 12X15 scrapbook and mounted the ones she wanted to keep in that.

Andrea

darebear
02-27-2003, 10:16 PM
I use photo storage boxes. I have one from pre-baby with all the cards, etc. Then I use a new one each year, which I put all the cards he received during the year, the candle from his b-day cake, etc.

Allison

JulieL
03-01-2003, 02:20 PM
You can go to Michaels or Hobby Loby and go to the frame section. There you will find a type of frame/box. Basically it's a deep frame that you and put special keepsakes that you would like to display but wouldn't fit in a frame: baby shoes, small nicknacks. I saw Martha Stewart use one of these in a baby magazine and the outcome was sooo cute. A great way to display special items. Otherwise I just use plastic storage boxes and ziplock bags for storage. In the bags I put in the item kept and a note of it's significance. I think in a keepsake box anyone should be able to go into it and see the stories unfold through the notes.

-JulieL
mama to Anthony 3/23/02