PDA

View Full Version : Thanks and another intro

emilyf
02-28-2003, 11:36 AM
I have been a devoted reader of these boards since the middle of my pregnancy and I breathlessly awaited each installment of strollerqueen's stroller saga. I made so many of my pre-baby purchases based on recommendations that I read here.
Well, now that Charlie is here I find this community even more helpful in ways way beyond baby gear. This is sort of a follow up to Rachel's post, I too love the direction the board has taken and have decided to be a more active participant-
A quick introduction: I am a 30 year old mostly stay at home mom (still sell real estate part time, my pre-baby job) DS was born November 24, 2002 after a surprisingly quick but intense labor. We live in Baltimore, MD with dh, one dog and one cat and are all getting very tired of all the snow-
Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and thank all of you-
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

twins r fun
02-28-2003, 12:01 PM
Welcome Emily! We're almost neighbors-I live in Columbia, MD. My twins are a year older than your son. I'm mixed about the snow-DH is a teacher and gets the day off when it snows, which is good is some ways and more of a hassle in other ways! I do look forward to weather that is more conducive to getting out of the house, though!

Nicole

atlbaby
02-28-2003, 02:24 PM
Welcome Emily!

This is going to sound funny, but I smiled when I read your post because my sil's boyfriend is named Charlie (love that name!) and her dog is named Emily! Hope that doesn't sound too strange...:)

Looking forward to seeing 'more' of you!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

sntm
02-28-2003, 05:26 PM
Emily,
Welcome to you and Charlie!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

Rachels
02-28-2003, 08:14 PM
Welcome, Emily and Charlie! Where in Baltimore are you? I did my master's there and lived in Towson and Cockeysville.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Annette_C
02-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Emily, I'd like to welcome you and Charlie also.
I know what you mean about the snow....I can't take it anymore!!! I live in CT and I heard on the news today that this has been one of the coldest winters ever for us! Like all the snow wasn't enough!
I'm sure we'll all be glad to see spring arrive soon!!!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

jojo2324
03-01-2003, 01:35 AM
Hi Emily and Charlie! Welcome! I am completely with you on the snow...We live by the ocean, and typically any snow we get melts pretty much the next day due to the winds from the water. Not this year! It has been just awful. We've barely been outside this winter, just because it is so cold. I can't wait for summer! :D

emilyf
03-01-2003, 11:21 AM
We live downtown-in Federal Hill, but I grew up in Ruxton and my parents still live there so we're in the Towson area a lot.
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02