PDA

View Full Version : Can't get my avatar image to display!

celfsh
02-28-2003, 01:09 PM
So I was feeling pretty left out because I didn't have an avatar image like everybody else :), so I decided to try to figure out how to do it. It seems pretty straightforward--just copy/paste the link from a photo on our family's website into my profile, but I can't get it to work. I just get a box with an "X" in it. What am I doing wrong?

TIA!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

gour0
02-28-2003, 03:56 PM
It took me a long time to figure this out! My problem was in getting the image small enough.... Flagger was a big help. If you do a search for avatar, you might find lots of advice. HTH!

mamahill
02-28-2003, 09:42 PM
Does your family site require a login? Those sites, along with Yahoo Pictures for some reason don't work. Make sure the picture is 48 pixels square (at 72 dpi). I'd be happy to host the pic for you (or even just till you get it figured out). I'm hosting them for several moms here, and would be happy to add you to the team! If you're interested, email the pic to me ([email protected]) and I'll reply with the URL to copy/paste into the avatar section. Oh, and it's completely safe - nobody can see the pic just by going to our web site. I'd host it at www.joelhillpictures.com (DH's portfolio site).

Oh - and we're doing some maintenance over the weekend, so if anyone notices their pic not showing up, it's only temporary! Sorry for the inconvenience. :)