PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE:PICTURES OF TRISTAN ON HIS SITE :)

mama2be
03-02-2003, 03:40 PM
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan/index.html

We finally got some pics up of Tristan on his site. There are not many, these were ones Steve downloaded (is that the right term??) almost from day one and has just been too busy to do the most recent, cuter, open eyed ones.

He is a delight and let us sleep till 10:00 today (I did wake him at 7:00 for a feeding)...

The only thing I really couldn't decide on one pacifier or no pacifier and last night he chose pacifier...so I was glad he made the decision!!! :)

Here is his web site: we are of course not done with it but just wanted to share what we have if you are itnerested...

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan/index.html

Thank you everyone again fo all of your well wishes, congrats, and love I am responding to emails slowly but am responding...
Hugs,

twins r fun
03-02-2003, 03:53 PM
Neve!

He is absolutely perfect! I love the one with his eyes open. Thanks for sharing!

Nicole

egoldber
03-02-2003, 05:06 PM
He's adorable! And I love the Amby Hammock!

atlbaby
03-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Neve,
Tristan is so precious!! I love the pictures of him with his little socked hands by his face, sleeping so peacefully!!

Sounds like Tristan made his first big decision (paci vs no paci) too!!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

sntm
03-02-2003, 06:33 PM
Oh, Neve, he is precious! I love his little sock-ed hands. And the blanket with the clouds is gorgeous.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

Annette_C
03-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Neve,
Tristan is so adorable!!! Actually, he's gorgeous! What rosy cheeks!! He looks so peaceful. How cute!!
I'm so happy for you and Steve! And he's doing so well sleeping too! Lucky you (although Sabrina slept soundly through the night for the first 3 months of her life....). I hope he keeps it up.
Thank you so much for sharing the pictures and I'm looking forward to some new ones soon!

BTW....and sorry about changing the subject but I've been wanting to tell you this for over a week now....
I finally got to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding! It was everything you said and more! I enjoyed it so much! It felt like a dejavu (sp??) to me! LOL:) Thanks for recommending it!

Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

flagger
03-02-2003, 08:20 PM
What a cutie!

Hey Neve, I know your brain is frazzled, but maybe just maybe you need to change your signature line now. ;)

ddmarsh
03-02-2003, 08:50 PM
How beautiful he is! I just *love* that pregnant picture of you - I am kicking myself for not having done one!

Congratulations again -

Debbie

COElizabeth
03-02-2003, 09:12 PM
I seem to be the only one not able to access the site. When I click on the link I just get a blank page. I even went to the Roadrunner NC site and scrolled down until I found ourbabytristan, but the same thing happened. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

Rachels
03-02-2003, 09:15 PM
I can't find him either!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

VickiH
03-02-2003, 10:06 PM
What a cutie! He is absolutely adorable!! Congrats again.

MartiesMom2B
03-02-2003, 10:07 PM
Neve:

I love the site. It's great. I especially love the belly cast that you guys did. I know that I asked you about it, but I really think I'm going to go out and get a kit it looks great.

Great job for you and Steve. Tristan is so adorable, and I second on the cute little sock hands!

Sonia
EDD 4/14/03

Tracey1
03-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Thanks for sharing your pictures - what a little sweetheart! Those little newborn pictures bring back memories for me - enjoy every minute, they grow and change so quick!

parkersmama
03-02-2003, 11:10 PM
He is so adorable!! You sound like you're doing great. I'm glad you're getting a little sleep...what a sweet baby! Thanks for sharing the precious pictures!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

jojo2324
03-03-2003, 12:43 AM
Neve, he is absolutely gorgeous!! He has beautiful skin, not blotchy like some newborns have. I love the t-shirt! And what a wonderful, caring gesture Steve made with your focus board. You are a very lucky lady! :D Congrats!!

JMarie
03-03-2003, 01:30 AM
Neve, he is just beautiful! I agree that the little socks on the hands are adorable - and creative. Those little mitts just don't stay on very well. I've given up on using them, but maybe I'll try your sock trick!

JMarie
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

Rachels
03-03-2003, 11:18 AM
I STILL can't see him! I just get a blank page. :(

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
03-03-2003, 11:50 AM
Beth, I swear that Amby Hammock is the best money I have ever spent!!! We just loves it. I roll it from room to room and he just gets in it and cuddles. Steve at first questioned the purchase but atleast 5 times a day he says, "thank you for getting the Amby"...

mama2be
03-03-2003, 11:55 AM
Thanks guys...I too love those sock picturs...his mitts kept falling off. I am torn because it is obvious that he loves his little hands so much and I love to see him full of himself with those hands near by. But he does well with the little socks. Steve thought of that...:)

Steve's co-worker made that blanket (she made me 8 of them), she took me to Walmart and had me pick out the fabric I wanted, she forwarned me that typical receiving blankets aren't large enough so she made it the perfect size to swaddle...I love them!!!

mama2be
03-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Thanks you for your sweet words!!!

I am so glad that you saw it...on TV last night there was a show with her in it called "my big fat greek life", I don't know if it was a special or if it will be weekly. I didn't see it and didn't know about it till about 5 minutes before hand, had I had your number I would have called you :)...I really thought you'd like it!!!

mama2be
03-03-2003, 11:58 AM
Re:changing user name :)...

I know I need to change that...I wonder if I need to re register or if they have a way of doing a streamlined change of name there :)...

mama2be
03-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Elizabeth and Rachel...

I don't know what to say, I asked Steve and he said make sure they know it is home" and not "www", but I assume that you all are just clicking on the site name I provided.

I am bummed...wish I knew what to tell you. Tammy might know she was able to fix another problem I had once with it. I do know I can activate it on my end though...

mama2be
03-03-2003, 12:02 PM
I'm taking so many pictures because everyone forwarned me they change quickly!!! :)

mama2be
03-03-2003, 12:04 PM
I'm glad DH is doing the "night shift"...:)

mama2be
03-03-2003, 12:07 PM
There's a little story behind the t-shirt. It is from the Black Dog in Martha's Vineyard. If you go there 80% of the people are sporting "Black Dog" paraphenelia. Well their catalog is all of random people wearing their stuff all around the world. So I want to get Tristan in the catalog!!!! :) We thought that pic just might do it :)...

My focus board meant the world to me...all of the nurses just fell in love with Steve for making it for me :)...

Other gals want jewelry I just wanted my focus board :)...

mama2be
03-06-2003, 02:03 PM
I'm trying to catch up on responding to emails from folks and just can't do it without stepping away from Tristan for too long (and I can't get enough of him so I don't want to do that). Until I catch up I wanted to write here and hope that those folks who I owe a response will forgive me till I have the time to email one on one.

I have more recent pics on his web site...some pictures of him with his little "bug eyes" wide open!!!

OUR FIRST WEEK: I have had several questions from nice folks wanting to know how it is going and here it goes...

I am just amazed at how much I love this little guy!!! I honestly feel like the luckiest person on this earth (as we all do), and really feel like I have lucked out with a very good baby (I know that means I'll have a "hellion" of a teen but I knew I'd produce a teenager that would keep me on my toes :)...

After entertaining all week-end long and having tons and tons of people coming and going (we live in a huge neighborhood, Golf Course Community and are members, Steve is on the Board of Home Owners, I'm active in Garden Club, Bunco and fund raising for our local SPCA) I just mention that because being involved with this stuff makes us know just about everyone in the neighborhood which is GREAT but has made our home "grand central" (though I wouldn't have it anyother way). MOnday I was just beat, I worried that I was having "baby blues" because I was so tried (and so was he Sunday night and Monday were the only days that he cried and cried). We awoke Tuesday to a new day a baby that woke up at 4:00AM with minimal grunt sounds to be fed, and then last night awoke at 5:00AM to be fed.

Burps: pretty much on command and could win a contest at the local Fraternity House for his belching I am certain.

Eating: does great with his Formula, we changed from Enfamil (spit up) to Costco brand (based on a post several months back) using Dr Brown's bottles with NO LEAKS (I had heard some leak)...and he doesn't require any clothes changes after feeding becase he is really not a "spitter upper"...Many days he wears the same outfit (clean) all day :)

Diapers: have not started on the Cloths yet, he got two packages of Pampers as a present, and the hospital sent us home with some, so we will start on those in about 1 and half days if my calculations are correct. Poops non stop :)... I have Prowraped over the Pampers after two times of picking him up to find a wet back (pee vs sweat????) and that seems to do the trick.

Sleeping:FANTASTIC...woke up once two nights in a row, but we got him up at midnight (we were awake) to feed so that is probably why. He definitly lets us sleep in and we have been fortunate to not wake up till about 9:00 here :)....Sleeps at night in Amby next to whoever's "shift" it is to get up with him (though we both jump to help him ) ;)...
During the day I move him from "sleep station" to "sleep station" to get him used to differnt places to sleep.
Floor: on mats
Crib: for about 1/2 hour while I am on computer upstairs
Swing:
Sofa and Bed: While we watch TV

"Things"...What would I do without the Amby Hammock-the best money we have ever spent I swear!!! I just roll the thing across the carpet from Master bedroom to living room, we put him in there and he just sleeps, or sits wide eyed. It is decorated with the prettiest Lamaze toys...the prettiest being a sun that Lisa (nigele) gave him...

Bertini Sport Stroller-I'm going to steal Sarah's line (mamahill), that when we used it the birds chirped louder, and I could hear the people in their cars thinking "I want to push that stroller"... I couldn't describe it better than that!!!...thinking what bank I can rob to purchase a black Bugaboo too...

Fleece Kangaroo Korner sling-He has been in it for two outing thus far and it puts him instantly to sleep...snug as a bug!!! It does appear that I am stealing from any store I walk into becaseu you can't see him down in there and it appears I am stashing stuff away :)
Thank you Beth (egoldbear) for mentioning this product to me. I sure do want that gorgous one that Tammy has made of Asian silk....

Swing-friend lent us hers (and the day after she took a pregancy test and found out she was pregnant) :)...I didn't know you could use them so soon so when I put him in it Tuesday morning and he just relaxed I was thrilled.

Bouncy Seat on Vibrator-I swear the first time I saw him smile

Pacifier-gave it to him I think Sunday night thru Tuesday morning and concluded it is just one more thing to make him cry if it falls out of his mouth so have weaned him from that and noticed the 36 hours he cried so much corresponded to the "paci times" maybe just a coincidence.

Car seat-HE loves his Marathon!!! He is in total relaxed mode in that seat.

Blankets- Alot of folks are commenting on the cloud blanket on his web page that is fabric from Walmart :)

Circumcision-had it done yesterday and cried maybe 2 minutes (cried a lot more over that PKU test two days before). Giving him Tylenol every 4 hours and putting Vasaline on the front of the diaper and was told by the DR he'd be fussy but he not been in the least. Mommy was in the lobby, daddy comforted him in the room.

DRs visits-took him to Dr Nechyba here yesterday and got a great check-up, he has lost about 6 oz from birth but they said it is normal. Though I loved Dr N from the beginning I was thrilled to find out he was Valadictorian of his Medical School class!!!

Dogs: Love him, Spinnkaer kind of ignores him...but there is no fear of them hurting him. Spinnkaer uses her nose to make the squeeky part of his floor mat squeek.

Cats: Appear to be in awe over the bundle of joy...but notice they don't sleep with us as much at night since that night of him crying

Daddy: Doing great and loves his son, goes back to work next Tuesday after two weeks off with us, where has time gone???

Mommy: Today is really the first day that my leg pain is almost fully relieved. The MW upped me to four Ibuprofen at a time and that was the only thing that would touch the pain. Everything else has "healed" well, and it has taken a week to get "saggy boobs" which I welcomed after that engorgement. Bring on the sag after all of that!!! Stretch Marks-I got them in labor I think, I swear I went in without any and boom there they are as obvious as can be.

Sorry so long, and hope not to bore folks, but wanted to address some of the things that were asked and to keep everyone informed who wanted to be :)...

I could not have had this baby without the great advice form these boards I know that :)...

ismommy
03-06-2003, 02:10 PM
Hi Neve,

Sounds like you are off to a great start. I looked at the new pix of Tristan. He is gorgeous - very alert looking. Glad that you all are doing so well.

Helene
mommy to Isabella 9/19/01

alkagift
03-07-2003, 10:36 AM
Neve,
For those of us expecting soon, I can't tell you how much your emails (and those of the other recent moms) are so reassuring to us. I've just crossed the 28-week mark and worrying about the baby and being a mom sometimes keeps me from thinking about other things! Like work! Hearing about your wonderful baby and successful experience (despite the pain I know you've had) is a real confidence builder for the rest of us. And Tristan is very adorable, by the way. Love those dark eyes!

I hope other new moms make sure to tell us how it went, too!

Allison
EDD 5/27/03

sweetbasil
03-07-2003, 12:41 PM
I'm so happy for you three...thanks for sharing all the pictures, thoughts, etc. of your happy first week-and-a-half!

Big hugs,