PDA

View Full Version : 38 week appointment today.

gour0
03-03-2003, 06:22 PM
But measured 41! Measured 37 last week so was quite a surprising jump! My midwife wants me to have an Ultrasound before my next appointment on the 10th. I told her I had heard that they weren't very accurate at predicting size at this stage, but she said she just wanted an idea. She thinks it may be that there is just a lot of fluid in there. I plan on scheduling the US for Monday morning right before my MF appt. Just thought I'd share. :)

ddmarsh
03-03-2003, 07:31 PM
How exciting - you're just around the corner from the best day of your life so far :).

My sister is due the same day as you - wouldn't that be funny if you both end up going at the same time!

Debbie

Rachels
03-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Wow! Were you having a BH contraction at the time? That can really make your belly stand up. You're so close! How exciting.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

gour0
03-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Not noticably... but I hadn't thought about that. She thinks maybe he's huge. I doubt it, though. She said if he looks ten lbs they will offer me a C. I told her I'm not interested in one.

parkersmama
03-03-2003, 10:54 PM
Good for you! I've done it both ways and highly recommend NOT having a c-section if you can avoid it! I agree that late term US are notoriously off on showing the baby's weight. Hope you get good news!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

Annette_C
03-03-2003, 11:06 PM
WOW, Stacey!! You're getting there quicker than expected!
Good for you on refusing a C section! I know we live in a world of drive-thrus where we get offered the "quick and easy" way of doing things but this is ridiculus! Not even giving you the opportunity of letting your body decide, it's beyond me!
Good luck with the US on Monday and keep us posted!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

mamahill
03-04-2003, 04:16 PM
Oooh - this is so exciting! They all told me that Ainsleigh was going to be 7.5-8 pounds while I was in labor, even though she was 2.5 weeks early. She popped out at 5-14, so don't listen to them! And good for you for turning down the C. Thinking of you and sending wonderful labor/delivery/recovery vibes your way...

ps - wouldn't it be nice if he and his shoos arrived on the same day?! ;)

Rachels
03-04-2003, 04:39 PM
Good for you! Don't be pressured into something that doesn't feel right to you. Ultrasounds can be off by several POUNDS. Trust your body! It has done a great job so far.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

jojo2324
03-04-2003, 04:53 PM
That would be great, for baby Benjamin to wear his little navy giraffes! :D

For what it's worth, I had the opposite happen: told my baby was a runt, would max out at 6.5 lbs, and he was a hefty 8 lbs, 7 oz.

I'm hoping to hear some good news soon!!!

nathansmom
03-04-2003, 07:27 PM
I must be the only person who's doctor was right on with the weight. The morning he sent me in to be induced he said the baby was 8lbs,10oz and Nathan was born at 8lbs,14oz. Maybe it has something to do with the ultrasound, our doctor used the new 3d one on us for every appointment after 30 weeks. As far the csection goes I went into labor with only one fear and that was having a csection. The complications that arose with Nathan and me during labor forced an emergency csection on me. I just have to say I did not think the csection was all that bad. I was very sore for the first week but the pain went down each day and I started working out again (with doctor approval) 2 1/2 weeks later. Thursday will be 4 weeks since the c and I feel normal but maybe I am the exception.

Good luck to you and the baby.

gour0
03-05-2003, 07:22 PM
Got his shoes today! Am soooo excited! Dh thinks I'm silly. But, I think I'm going to bring them with me to the Birthing Center to be one of my motivators! :)

Rachels
03-05-2003, 09:22 PM
DH will no longer think you're silly after he watches you give birth! Use whatever helps you remember what you're there for. I basically forgot I was having a baby. When sje was born, I said, with total astonishment, "I just had a baby!!!" Everyone laughed, but I was entirely serious. I couldn't believe it.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02