PDA

View Full Version : Help: Gift ideas for mom post birth...

flagger
03-03-2003, 06:50 PM
I was reading that thread titled will my DH do the right thing this time, and I was hoping for some ideas for a gift for momma post birth since I do want to do the right thing.

I have one thing in mind but she reads these boards sometimes as well so I won't post it. I would love to pick your brains on what you would/would have liked.

mama2be
03-03-2003, 08:27 PM
Flagger,

feel free to email me directly I'll help you find a great gift...

give me info...what does she like describe what jewelry she seems to like, wear??? I don't want to tell you what I am thinking incase she reads this...but I have an idea it is something I am buying for the gals who hosted my shower and it is adorble...

Neve

[email protected]

ddmarsh
03-03-2003, 08:47 PM
I too am thinking of something that most mothers I know either have or have asked for, I purchased mine locally but I know there are places online with same/similar item.

If you are interested email me at [email protected]

Good luck!

Debbie

KathyO
03-03-2003, 09:42 PM
As Vicki Iovine says, jewellery is a good bet since she'll be able to wear it before she loses the baby weight! And it's got good sentimental durability - picture her pointing to the necklace/earrings/whatever and saying to her teenaged daughter, "Your father gave me this the day you were born..."

If her bathrobe is getting tatty, a new, thick, plushy luxurious one might be nice... or a really dramatic silk or cotton one... My brother gave me a cotton Japanese yukata many years ago that was decorated with gorgeous twining dragons - I wore it proudly in the maternity ward, as an anodyne to how shapeless and shuffly I felt.

I know that just having the baby should be reward enough, but childbirth is a helluva marathon, and having someone give me a prize at the finish line was a wonderful morale booster for the new marathon I was starting right away!!

Good luck in choosing,

KathyO

COElizabeth
03-03-2003, 10:04 PM
I'm not a big jewelry person, but I would like a nice watch with the date of the baby's birth engraved on the back. It could say "Love Flagger and Cocoa, April 3, 2003" or whatever (you could have the engraving done after the birth).

Also, this is a small thing, but it's sort of a tradition for my family to bring one of those decorated sugar cookie bouquets to the hospital for new moms. Places like Cookie Bouquet and Cookies by Design make them and have really cute baby bottle, bootie, etc. shaped cutters. They really help decorate a hospital room, and unlike most flowers, are definitely edible! Nice when you are up in the middle of the night nursing a brand-new baby and starving!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

parkersmama
03-03-2003, 10:49 PM
I think jewelry is great, too, if she likes jewlery. My dh gave me a sterling silver heart on a chain from Tiffany's when our first was born. Gotta love seeing that beautiful blue box coming your way! LOL! When our second was born he started a slide bracelet for me with the birthstones of both boys. I like it because it's not obviously a "birthstone" thing but I know that it's special. Also, once for mother's day he gave me a gold pendant from LLL that is a mother and child. It is very abstract and I love wearing it. People are always interested in it and ask what it is and think it's neat. Just a few ideas! Now...what will I be getting this time!? Oh the excitement! LOL!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003