PDA

View Full Version : intro and question

ismommy
03-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Hi,

I have been reading these boards for a little while and have posted a couple of times. My name is Helene and I am the mommy to Isabella Sarah (almost 18 months) and Mosby(pug) and two cats named Magnum and Fiddler. My DH, Rob is a photojournalist who is heading to Iraq. This leads to my question while he is in Iraq Isabella and I will be living with my parents on cape cod. If anyone knows of a good pediatrician in teh area I would appreciate it. The other recomemmednation I need is for a good peditaric GI doctor preferably at Boston Childrens. Isabella has been having stomach issues and is being seen by a GI now in VA but we need one up in Boston while we are there. Thanks for your help.

Helene
mommy to Isabellla 9/19/01

COElizabeth
03-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Helene,

I'm don't live in that area so unfortunately can't help, but I did want to say welcome! I hope one of the MA parents can give you a good reference.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

Rachels
03-04-2003, 12:12 PM
Welcome! I live in Boston. The GI team at Children's Hospital is great. We particularly like Dr. Sam Nurko. I don't know any peds on Cape Cod, but have a fantastic one here in Boston if you need a name here. Let me know.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

emilyf
03-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Where on the cape are you going to be? I have good friends in Mashpee- if that is nearby I could ask about their pediatrician or any other baby questions if that would be helpful. You can email me at [email protected].
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

atlbaby
03-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Hi Helene!

I love the name Isabella! Unfortunately I don't live in the MA area, so I can't offer any suggestions, but I hope Isabella's stomach issues get sorted out soon!

Welcome!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

twins r fun
03-04-2003, 02:25 PM
I don't have any suggestions either, but wanted to welcome you and wish your husband a safe journey.

Nicole (who also loves the name Isabella!)

jojo2324
03-04-2003, 05:13 PM
Welcome!!

Sorry to say I am also without answers, but I am keeping you and your husband in my thoughts. I hope your little one's tummy gets better!

ismommy
03-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Rachel, Thanks for the name of the GI and Emily thanks for offering to contact your friend in Mashpee. Everyone else thanks for your kind words. I am worried about DH going to Iraq and its nice to know we have other people thinking of us. One of tthe hardest things is not being able to explain to Isabella what is going on. We tell her but she doesnt really get it. Hopefully spending time with her grandparents will help.

Helene
mommy to Isabella 9/19/01

parkersmama
03-05-2003, 11:28 AM
Hi, Helene! I don't live anywhere near the Cape or Boston but I wanted to welcome you to the boards! I live near a very large Army base (Ft. Benning, GA) and we have so many friends who have already headed to Kuwait or have their orders to go so I really feel for you. I'm glad that you and Isabella (great name!) have the opportunity to be with your family. I'm sure that will really help both of you to have their support. I'll be keeping your husband in my thoughts.

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

ismommy
03-18-2003, 03:49 PM
Rachel,

Thanks for teh recomendation. We are seeing Dr. Nurko on April 18.

Helene
mommy to Isabella 9/19/01

sweetbasil
03-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Helene,
Welcome! I hope you and Isabella make a nice transition to your parents' home, and that all goes well with your husband, too. We were watching ABC's special on the events in Iraq last night and were just amazed at the 660+ journalists who've been given clearance to report on current and upcoming news in the Middle East. I guess I'm no help for your post, but just wanted to welcome you and wish you the best :)

Thatchermom
03-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Welcome Helene!

Though I am now in Seattle, I grew up on the Cape and still have friends and family there. My best friend is an ICU nurse at the hospital in Hyannis and has an 18 mo. daughter, Colleen. I've sent her an email asking for info for you and will post when I get info.

All of DS's grandparents & aunts & uncles, etc. live far away, and the best thing we have done is to make "Remember Tapes" (what the older cousins call them) with the video camera. We taped houses, cars, pets, family being silly, doing normal things like eating meals, giving him baths, everything the kids could think of. These are by far his favorite thing to watch, and often are the only thing that savage beast on a really bad day. I bet Isabella would love a Remember Tape of her Daddy! Our prayers are with you all!

Susan
mom to Thatcher Bennett 9/10/01