PDA

View Full Version : Brushing teeth

cara1
03-04-2003, 06:12 PM
DS (13 mos today)is refusing to let me brush his teeth. What we go through to brush them is ridiculous...DH holds him upside down and nibbles his feet until he laughs, and then I stick in the toothbrush. Other methods are that we have two brushes. When I come at DS with one, he grabs it and starts biting the wrong end. When he opens his mouth to bite it, I try to stick in the right end of the other one. The whole thing is getting to be quite drawn out and very unsuccessful. Yesterday, I think he threw his first real tantrum, screaming and taking each toothbrush and throwing it across the floor. (It was sort of funny, actually). We've tried brushing our teeth, then his. We've tried singing songs. Any other suggestions?

Karenn
03-04-2003, 11:46 PM
Do you have the yummy tasting toddler toothpaste? A friend of mine said that worked with her 18 month old...

Melanie
03-05-2003, 04:33 AM
Have you tried letting him brush them or using one of those which go on your finger? We use the latter.

Mommy to Jonah

nohomama
03-05-2003, 09:39 AM
We never had very much success brushing Lola's teeth until recently when we go a Braun Oral B spin brush after our dental hygenist recommended them. Lola will now sumbit to having her teeth brushed but prefers to do it herself.

I've seen our toothbrush all over but we got ours at Target for about $15. They replacement heads are were they hit you in the pocket book...$18 for 3.