PDA

View Full Version : Babysitter HELP!!

schums
03-05-2003, 02:12 PM
How to I find a reliable babysitter? I've asked around the neighborhood, and everyone seems to have the same problem I do. All the teens have after school activities and jobs at night and on the weekends. Most folks around here seem to depend on parents or in-laws to get a break, which isn't really an option for me, since the closest family is 5 hours away.

This is getting to the breaking point fast. I need a night out with my DH in a nice restaurant pretty soon or I might lose my mind!!!

Thanks!

Sarah
SAHM to Alex 3/02 and Baby 8/03

egoldber
03-05-2003, 02:21 PM
I hear you. My usual sitter is out of th ecountry for a couple months. I had forgotten what it was like to never get a break.

Word of mouth is usually the best way to find a sitter. Also, you could set up a babysitting co-op with other moms you know.

HTH,

Rachels
03-05-2003, 05:12 PM
Where do you live? Several cities have babysitter registries. Is there a local college? You could advertise with the student aid office.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

LisaS
03-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Ask the hospital where you gave birth - or at any baby classes.

My babysitter was a midwife @ the hospital where I delivered - she only worked there 2 days and the other days and weekend nights she babysat / nannied for local families.

A friend found a weekend babysitter at Gymboree -- one of the teachers was looking for additional work a few weekend nights/month.

As a last resort, you could always call an agency.

twins r fun
03-05-2003, 06:44 PM
By chance, do you know any teachers or support staff that work at a high school? That's where we get ours.

Nicole