PDA

View Full Version : Will we be matchmaking these kids in 20 or 30 years?

COElizabeth
03-06-2003, 01:26 PM
I was reading AugustMom's post about her son being the exact same age as Abigail Marie, and I suddenly had an image of us all trying to arrange matches among our DSs and DDs some day! Of course, then we would also have to read about ourselves in the complaints about in-laws! Who knows. I think I already know more about most of your kids than my mom did about some of the people she tried to set me up with! LOL.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

Rachels
03-06-2003, 07:28 PM
I've thought about that, too! LOL. Although, if Abby follows in my footsteps, her partner is finishing up the fifth grade right about now...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mharling
03-06-2003, 07:36 PM
LOL! Same here. Hard to imagine someone finishing 5th grade eventually getting together with someone less than 1 or not even born yet!

Mary
EDD 4/5/03

parkersmama
03-06-2003, 09:14 PM
LOL! If my kids followed in our footsteps, my boys' wives are a couple of years ahead of them now as well.

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

Rachels
03-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Yep. Fortunately we met in adulthood when these things were legal and not terribly scandalous! We actually have a picture Clay took when he was 25 or so of someone we both know. And waaaaaaaayyy in the background, looking awkward and generally horrible, was 15-year-old me! We found that after we were engaged.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nathansmom
03-07-2003, 01:23 PM
If Nathan followed the age difference in my marriage, I'll never see my grandkids unless I live to a old age. Hopefully he won't take as long to find his true love as his father.

etwahl
03-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Neve and I have already matched up our kids! Steve told Neve when her water broke to tell me that my future son-in-law was on the way.

Now this would actually match Evan and I perfectly, because he is exactly 11 days older than I am. Now if Lauren were born tomorrow (my due date) that would put our kids exactly 11 days apart. Hmmmm, maybe that's a sign?! or just wishful thinking. I keep focusing on a date and then it passes with nothing :) Of course tomorrow would be perfect for another reason - my midwife would be on duty at the hospital, so I'd be working with her and not someone else. That would be nice!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

mama2be
03-07-2003, 02:16 PM
This is true Steve did say that :):):)...we keep telling Tristan that his girlfriend is due any day...:)

I think she'll arrive tomorrow!!!! She just wants to make a grand entrance, figures my daughter in law will keep us all guessing - come on daughter in law we can't wait to meet you!!! :)

Now I robbed the cradle my DH is 3 years younger than I am (I never dated a younger man)...my boyfriend before him (well they "overlapped a few days :):):)) was 20 years older than I am...

etwahl
03-07-2003, 03:06 PM
The funny thing is mommy and daddy HATE to be late. DH is actually worse than me - he's incredibly anal about being VERY early. I just hate being late. Maybe Lauren will even us out, and be late just for spite :)

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

Rachels
03-07-2003, 05:02 PM
She'll be perfect. Whatever birthday she chooses will be just right. I went into labor at 1:00am on 5/17, and somewhere in my soul, I just knew that May 17th was not Abigail's birthday. It made for a long labor, but I was really aware even while I was laboring that May 18th was the right birthday for her. Weird. But I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Don't forget to post something when things get cranking.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

parkersmama
03-07-2003, 06:01 PM
That's funny because I was due with Wesley on March 23 but my water broke in the afternoon of March 8. I kept thinking how Mar 8 sounded like such a great birthday and when it didn't happen I was sort of bummed because the 9th just didn't seem nearly as good. :-) How silly, though, because it turned out to be a perfectly wonderful birthday!!! He turns 3 on Sunday!

Another funny coincidence...my b'day is April 7, dh's is August 6, Parker's is Sept 1, and Wesley's is March 9. We are all single digit b'days. But this baby is due April 29 and she'll either have to be very early or a little late to keep our trend! Guess we may have to break into the double-digit b'days!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

mama2be
03-07-2003, 07:21 PM
OH NO!!!!!

She takes after her mother in law then...because I swear I am late to EVERYTHING...if I look up at the clock and see that I might be one minute early I try to find something to do in the one minute (and it always takes 3 minutes)...thus I am late...