PDA

View Full Version : Rachel (atlbaby) how are you feeling today?

todzwife
03-06-2003, 08:22 PM
I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you! I found something that *seems* to work pretty good for me and my all day sickies...seabands. :) They go on your wrists and are usually for motion sickness, but I have worn them all day (who cares that they look like some sweatbands from the 80's) and I have felt a lot better! Just wanted to share! Hope you are feeling better!
Shandelle ;)

atlbaby
03-06-2003, 09:58 PM
Hi Shandelle,

Thanks so much for thinking of me, it really means so much to me! :) After a very rough day yesterday I decided to call my OB, because this week is much worse than the last, and a whole lot worse than last time. He didn't hesitate to prescribe me Zofran, and I took the first dose today. I am having a lot of mixed feelings about taking it though. (I am a horrible patient that way, much to DH's annoyance!) I keep berating myself thinking that maybe I am just a wuss for nausea, and I should just deal with it and not take any chances with the baby even though I know it is in the same class as Tylenol. I'm worried because I don't know how long I would need to take it for. How will I know it's time to stop? And then I started to, well he said start with 3 times per day, so I'll do 1 a day. See what I mean about being a terrible patient?

I'm glad you are feeling so much better!! I actually got the sea bands yesterday too. (Thanks Nicole for letting me know how easy they are to locate!!) I tried them yesterday and today too, not sure if they did much of anything for me though. I am looking forward to getting the Preggie Pops in the mail though! All I want to eat these days is (how cliched) pickles. Very specific about brand and type though. :)

Anyhow, thanks again for asking about me!! It will be fun to go through our months together, with our due dates so close! Hope you continue to feel better!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

todzwife
03-06-2003, 10:05 PM
I am so glad you go a hold of your OB! Mine won't perscribe ANYTHING! (What a butthead)and she objected to me taking Unisom. She ok'ed benadryl though, and I am going to use it! Sorry that the seabands didn't help you! Hopefully your new meds will help! Isn't it funny how partcular pregnant women can be about what they are eating? The other day I wanted a burrito, but not just any burrito, one from a little hole in the wall restaurant that I used to work by! So I drove all the way there and salivated all the way home only to gag at the smell when I opened the box! LOL! I too look forward to going through our pregnancies together! We sure have an awesome support group here!
Shandelle ;)
EDD 10/17?/03 :)