PDA

View Full Version : Tammy! Happy Due Date!

Rachels
03-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Just wanted to see how you're feeling today. Try to go easy on yourself and know that your baby will be here soon! I'm thinking of you.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

flagger
03-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Borrowing blantantly from Smokey Robinson: I second Rachel's emotion!

:)

etwahl
03-08-2003, 11:55 AM
I slept horribly last night, and all night kept giving myself images of my cervix opening up (like in my hypnobirthing classes) but nada!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

gour0
03-08-2003, 12:24 PM
Poor thing! It's so hard to let go and remember that s/he is in charge right now, not us! S/he will come in her own time and it will be perfect. :) Hang in there.

etwahl
03-08-2003, 12:31 PM
I honestly think if this hadn't been such a tough pregnancy, I would be a little less anxious, but it seems my body just keeps going through one horrible thing after another (I have been nauseous since 5pm last night until now, which happens every night the same time). I get over one problem and another one comes up. I'm sure every pregnant woman feels this, but without DH home to cater to me, I feel especially vulnerable. I miss all his back-rubs, fetching me water, food, etc. If I have a craving, I'm the one that has to get in the car and go to the store or restaurant. If I get cranky, I just have to sweat it out :( But it's okay, because I know it will soon be over. On another note, since I am going later than we expected (for some reason EVERYONE thought I'd be a week early) my parents may not be able to come anymore, or if they do, only for a day. But no worries, I feel much more confident now that the moment is almost upon me. I'm just excited!!!

Edited to say: not looking for sympathy with this post, just saying I think I've missed out on being able to rant and rave through this difficult time of pregnancy. Hardly seems fair - isn't that every pregnant woman's rite of passage? :) :) :)

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

sweetbasil
03-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Well just rant away, Tammy. We're glad to listen anytime. This will all be a memory soon, and you'll have sweet little Lauren to enjoy. Hoping this weekend brings you comfort, rest, and soon, a baby!

Hugs,

Rachels
03-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Absolutely! You will get nothing but sympathy and understanding here. Rant away!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

etwahl
03-08-2003, 03:33 PM
Oh I totally know, and I TOTALLY appreciate it. But there's just nothing like being held by the person you love most in the world :( I sure do miss that!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

Rachels
03-08-2003, 08:45 PM
Of course. I can't imagine. Wait till you see what happens when your baby is here! Talk about being in love...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

atlbaby
03-08-2003, 08:57 PM
Oh Tammy, I am sure this has been so tough on you not being able to have DH around to help you out. I've been marvelling at how strong a woman you are to have made it through! While venting here is not quite the same as having DH aroud, we are always here for you! And we all can't wait to welcome Lauren to the world with you!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

parkersmama
03-08-2003, 11:39 PM
Even though you're not looking for sympathy I've got plenty to share! I know how miserable you must be and not having dh there certainly adds to it. Poor thing! And yes, it's definitely a rite of passage! When I hit about 36 weeks with Wesley, my dh turned to me and said "There is NO WAY we can take 4 more weeks of this!!" Excuse me?!? I had no idea that I was that bad until he said that! Luckily he only had to endure 2 more weeks. :-) Anyway, you've definitely earned your badge...flaunt it proudly!! And here's hoping that you get to hold your little darling ASAP!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

brubeck
03-09-2003, 07:33 PM
> But there's just nothing like being held by the person you love
> most in the world.

Of course not, but just think, in a few days your new baby will be experiencing that feeling!

mama2be
03-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Tammy you rant away sweetie...

It's not even ranting you've been so strong!!!

We are all drooling at the bit for little Lauren to make her arrival!!! And we are all there for you in anyway that we can be, I swear if I didn't have my own little guy just a few days before I'd come out and help you.

I know she is going to be such a good baby for her mommy...I just know it!!!

If your craving something remember your network of friends thy would be more than willing to go get you what you need I am certain...let people help you they will get satisfaction out of knowing they are helping too...

When are you parents having to leave???

etwahl
03-09-2003, 11:59 PM
Neve, my parents were planning to be back in Canada beginning of March but are waiting around (not here but in Arizona) for a bit longer to see if I have the baby soon. If I do, they'll come here for a day or two before going back, but if not, they'll be heading back soon. I'm okay with it, whatever works out.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!