PDA

View Full Version : I'm computer impaired. Can anyone help me?

Rachels
03-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Okay, I have an iMac, and I can't make it work. I'm lucky I can figure out how to get online. When I learned how to post links in my messages here, that was a major breakthrough. (Please don't laugh too loud.) So there are things I need to do that I can't do.

The first is to select multiple things. I need to be able to click on one thing, highlight it, click on another thing, and highlight that also. At present, I can select one thing or another, not two things. On a PC, I think you do this by holding down the control key while clicking, but that's apparently not how you do it on a Mac. How do you do it on a Mac?

The next thing is more of a vent, I guess, unless somebody happens to have the CD Stomper Pro label-making software to make labels for CDs. If you do, please tell me if you'd be willing to indulge a few emails or a phone call. But here's the vent: I just bought this, because I've been making CDs. But I can't make it work! Arrrrgh arrrrrgh arrrrgh. I can call customer service on Monday, but of course, on Monday, nobody will be here to hold Abigail while I figure it out. Grrrrrrrr. Snarl.

This is small potatoes compared to what many people are doing today. Please forgive me. I will be cheerful later.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

flagger
03-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Hi Rachel.

I hang out at another forum called Broadband Reports. I first went there when learning about DSL providers 18 months ago and have since become hooked on their forums.

They have one Forum called All Things Macintosh: http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/macdsl that you can ask your question in. I know the moderators there and they don't bite. (not even newbies) You don't even have to register to post a question.

Also there is a software forum there at: http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/sware where you can ask about CD Stomper Pro but the folks in the Mac forum might be able to answer that question as well.

HTH

Chuck

COElizabeth
03-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Rachel,

To select two or more things that are next to each other or following one another in a list, hold down the shift key as you click on the first and last items. They and all the items in between will be selected. If you want to select two items but not the items in between them, hold down the key to the left of the space bar (the one with the open apple outline and the symbol that looks sort of like a curly pound sign).

I have an iMac, too, and I love Macs, but I wonder if it's some quirk with our computers that is keeping us from seeing Tristan? Maybe we need to download something or other to make our browsers view Neve's site. I should post to the forum Flagger mentioned. HTH.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

Rachels
03-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Ah. THAT, I know the answer to! Try replacing "index.html" with mypictures.html in the link. Sarah showed me that, and it worked!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Rachels
03-09-2003, 12:26 PM
Wow, Chuck! What a great resource. Thanks!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

flagger
03-09-2003, 04:02 PM
You are welcome! :)