PDA

View Full Version : New member here...

kapow
03-09-2003, 12:13 PM
Hello, I've been lurking for some time but decided to finally join in. I'm Kelly, expecting my first in June, and I live in Chicago. I've spent the last two days trying to figure out the "perfect" single stroller to buy and all I've done is give myself a headache. My DH is going to wonder why I'm muttering "PegVoloCombiFrogVeneziaSavvyPliko" in my sleep.

I had no idea that the authors of the Wedding Bargains book also wrote a Baby Bargains book. Imagine my delight to find out that they also have written a toddler and home building book! I'm just glad these folks are about ten years ahead of me, can't wait to read "Retirement Bargains".

Rachels
03-09-2003, 12:25 PM
LOL!!! Welcome, Kelly! You're in good company. There is no one perfect stroller. We'll be happy to see you through the hunt, though-- and through whatever else you need us for.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

memedee
03-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Lazars in Lincolnwood have most of the strollers you are considering except for the Combi.
You could give them a whirl.
I like the z street by zooper which they also have,but is it the best the perfect single......probably not.
They do not have the bugaboo.

Annette_C
03-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Welcome Kelly!
This is an informative, compassionate and fun group of people you joined... You won't regreat it!:)
Looking forward to getting to know you better,
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

C99
03-09-2003, 11:46 PM
hi Kelly! I live in Chicago too and my husband and I really like the MacLaren Global. It handles well and steers like a dream. It's not great in the sleet, but it is ok in light snow. We got it at Lazar's in Lincolnwood as well.

HTH

sweetbasil
03-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Hi, Kelly~
Just echoing all the other welcomes...it's so nice to know another mommy expecting a June baby! :) Do you know if you're having a boy or girl?

atlbaby
03-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Welcome Kelly! Nice to meet you! Strollers are such a hard purchase, I think. Right now I am beginning my search for the 'perfect' double...and already I have a headache! :)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

kapow
03-10-2003, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the responses! I talked to my brother last night (four kids so far) who laughed at my stroller search and said "would you just get a Graco and chill out already." Ah, family. :)

Julie...we peeked, I couldn't resist. We're having a boy!

JulieL
03-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Hey Kelly, nice to meet you! My name is Julie and I live in St. Louis. About a month ago I did the same exact thing, but over a jogging stroller. That's when I first found this message board. I have had so much fun posting and reading posts. It's almost become a daily ritual for me (I work from home so I have the time). My DH just stopped listening to me when I would for the upteenth time say listen to these pros and cons on this jogger and the pros and cons on this other. He just finally told me to pick and not tell him! I look forward to learning more about you and the rest of these gals here. It helps to know woman in your same boat!

Best of Luck!
-JulieL
mama to Anthony 3/23/02

COElizabeth
03-10-2003, 01:43 PM
Welcome, Kelly! I live in Denver now but was in Evanston for 2 years in graduate school. How nice that your little one will be born in the summer so has a chance to grow some before facing a Chicago winter! Congratulations, and I look forward to hearing how your pregnancy is going.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

parkersmama
03-10-2003, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the boards! The folks here are great and you sound like you're gonna fit right in!!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003